Frustrated from Amsterdam

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Fcat, Feb 19, 2008.

1. A year ago after I got back from Amsterdam, I was so pissed not holding, I started writing a book about it. It's the story of a guy that starts his own freedom colony at sea. The title is Freedom Zone FZ2878. Check out the site at fz2878.com

Let me know what you think - good or BAD.

2. I like the sound of it except a few small points.

"Visitors are warned that no drugs of any kind or any quantity are permitted to be imported into or exported from FZ2878. Weapons will also be confiscated by FZ2878 Security, and violence will not be tolerated."

If it truly was a "free" environment then individuals would be free to possess any drug they choose. Also, what would happen if a person with bad intentions smuggled a weapon onto the ship and decided to go on a killing
    spree?

I suppose with those two laws there would be a good oppurtunity to form a subplot based on the corruption of the security force since they possess all sorts of weapons and banned drugs.

Do you plan on publishing this?

3. Thanks for all your input. Can there ever be truly total freedom? A sadomasochist wouldn't be free unless he/she would be able to torture someone else against their will. A child molester wouldn't feel free unless.....well I think you know where I'm going.

Randal's reason for not allowing anything except what is produced in FZ2878 is because he feels he can be self sufficient when it comes to producing clean, pure cannabis. He doesn't want to deal with the underworld , because if FZ2878 is branded a haven for smugglers by the world society, the Zone will be attacked. Do you think George W. would hesitate to attack if he thought Americans were smuggling to/from FZ2878?

Shotski understands he is walking a fine line between dictatorship and freedom, but he knows that if some see him as a dictator, he is at least a benevolent dictator, and he stands by a person's fundamental freedom of choice. The freedom to choose to stay or go.

Holland may be the most free-thinking country in the world, but even they draw the line between "hard" and "soft" drugs.

At this point I am looking for valuable feedback from people like you as I seek an agent, and then a publisher. It's a long-shot, but I have nothing better to do. Check out the first 3 chapters which you can download, and let me know.

Thanks a million, and keep on toking.