Fruit Juice Flush

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mjmama25, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I've seen people flush their plants with different fruit juices or extracts to add flavor to their bud. Anyone tried fruit juice flushes before? If so, what's you're favorite juice or extract to enhance flavor? I was thinking blueberry or pineapple might be good. I'm going to try this on a plant this year. I'm not totally sold on the idea yet, but anything's worth trying once on one plant.

2. I can't speak from experience, but I've heard that drying your bud with orange peels will give it a nice hint of citrus. Seems logical and safe.

3. Yeah, I've heard that too. The people who use the juice flush say the plant soaks up the juice right before harvest and it effects the taste of the bud. It doesn't sound like it could hurt the plant since it's the last day so who cares if it stunts future growth. The only thing I wonder is how it effects the way the bud burns if at all.

4. Ahh. I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by "flushing." I've had a drink or two and I'm tired :D. I understand now though.

Doesn't sound like it could be harmful. It might affect the pH but that wouldn't matter if you're harvesting. My only question would be if the plant would even retain any of it, since plants usually only take what they need from their environment.

5. But they need water, so if the water is was in the form of juice, they should soak it up. I'm just trying to decide what strain to try this on. I think it will have to be one of my headband kush because that is the only strain I'm doing more that one plant of that isn't already being used for a comparison of some sort. Lemon would be a good taste to go with headband probably.

6. If I like this method, in the future I can flush my pineapple kush with pineapple juice and my lemon wreck with lemon juice, etc to enhance the natural flavor of the bud. But for my trail I need to use a flavor that isn't already in the bud. If I flushed my single pineapple kush plant with pineapple juice, I won't know if it was the natural flavor, or the juice that made it yummy.

7. Yes, they do need water. But would they absorb the sugars along with it? They very well could. I know people like to use molasses, but I think that feeds the microorganisms within soil more than the plant itself. I could be wrong though.

haha very true. You would need to mix things up a bit. You could go for common juice mixtures like cran-grape, for example. Maybe lemon and lime?

8. I actually use molasses during flowering for an extra supply of energy during high stress times. But there's also different flavour nutrients provided by different companies such as General Hydroponics that claims to improve flavour, but I haven't tried them myself.

9. You can but stop up to 2 weeks from harvest because if you put too much sugar(fruit juice) it will take 3 times as long to cure because all that sugar and starchs have to be transformed into stanky dank!!!!!!

I take a whole watermelon and blend it up then cover the base with it....it slowlywaters and puts sexy sugars into the root system:)

10. Juice just seems like another way to invite more bugs to your buds, IMO. I have considered vanilla or peppermint extract mixed in with my final flushing.

11. #11 lln, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    And store bought juice wont do, be very careful citrus juices are highly acidic and your roots wont like it as well as trying to convert the sugars

ive read of people using flavoring concentrates, even lemonade- i did not like the affect on the end product of lemonade flushing it just wasnt right

Also in my own experience i would avoid blueberry type manufactured flushes for plants- seems to leave a synthetic taste to your bud similar to shooting powder!

12. it's not going to work. That just sounds stupid. I would rather think of ways to make other things taste like cannabis myself like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I have heard of this method too,a have a 5 week flowering plant and I think I'm going to try it out I'll let you know the Results

14. Anyone tried this yet? I plan on doing it in week I'm going to give it 24 hours of darkness and a revoir full of diluted blueberry and razz berry juice!

15. Does this actually work? LOL (bumping old thread I came across) sounds silly. 

16. Hey I really would like a definitive answer about flavor enhancer for the herb during flush ... Or how its done that Certain Bud just straight up taste like candy whereas my bud usually taste like mainly smoke strong stuff but no Candy taste like id prefer.... Have you come across any Pro Talks about the candy flavored buds ? Oh yeah i bought a bottle of AN budcandy and i usually get hermies every time i use it ... I prolly use twice what they say to use tho... Ive also not found it to enhance the flavor espy since the hermies then cause it to be full of tiny little seeds the size of a large grain of sand ⌛ like the sand of the ⏳ these are the days of our lives :) lol you know the soap opera :)

17. Does NOT work

18. Add food coloring to make it turn colors but really it’s all tricks. Back in the days we made purple buds by misting it a few times with a spray bottle, But now every strain turns purple. Definitely not advised and not what growers should do to promote bag appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum