Fruit Flys?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rusta, Dec 12, 2008.

1. the title says it all .. but how do i get rid of them?:confused:

2. Are you sure they are fruit flies? Or are they gnats? I get the gnat problem on occassion. They don't really pose a problem to the top of the plant. But they do feast on your roots. Which is bad. Plus, they are just so damn annoying.

There are lots of ways to get rid of bug problems. You home garden center should have some sprays and the like for household plants. I don't necessarily trust anything that isn't organic though.

You could also do some research on diatomacious earth. It is supposed to be very effective at not just killing the gnats after they hatch, but also will kill the larvae in the soil.

Also, I know for a fact that a few diy remedies do work. At least temporarily. Such as fly paper, a bucket of soapy water or another "sweet liquid', etc.

Do a Google for 'Marijuana + Gnats' and you will find lots of other remedies too.

Good luck.

3. yeah right now i have 2 little jars with apple cider vinegar and dish soap , havent caught any yet but i hope to get some .. I posted this on sick plants forum and some one told me about Fox Farms Dont bug me spray , completely organic so im going to look into that. Thanks for the response:wave:

4. Let me know how the FF product works.

One more thing. I like to oxygenate my water with an air pump for about 12 hours before I use it in the feed. I typically do this in the grow area. Once, when I was having a particularly nasty gnat infestation I noticed that I caught an ass load of them in my feed water that was being oxygenated. It was just plain water. And I am not sure why they were attracted to it, but they were.

5. hmm weird .. maybe they were thirsty? haha nah i dont know.. im open to new ideas though i dont want those gnat/fruitfly's to be the death of my plants .. there only 9 days old today i have them under a 400 hps .. 7 of them in 3 gal buckets this is my first grow with and HPS so hopefully every thing goes smoothly

6. purple diesel btw , indica hybrid my last batch of them were weak do to space confinements but now its on like donkey kong