fruit fly??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by timotei, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Last night befor bed, I noticed a small red fruit fly chilling on one of my bud leaves... Any need to take action? Are fruit flys a problem?

2. I wouldn't say they are a problem, but the tons of shit they carry with them is probably your problem. I wouldn't let these little fuckers touch my stash ! I just think she like how it smells ! Happy toking :D

3. you can make some simple fruit fly traps. just google it. most of them take some kind of sugary liquid (coffee extra sugar, fruity liquor, juice) a bowl, a drop of dish soap and wa la fly trap =)

4. Regular dish soap. Lemon sunlight is best. And apple cider vinegar. Works like a charm :)
    Any these fancy oxygenated or ultra soaps suck and don't work just the super basic yellow bottle sunlight.

Fill a bowl halfway with the apple cider vinegarand water in a 1:1 ratio then add 1-2 drops of dish soap and ur golden :)

5. When we go camping we buy a big jug of cheap wine and pour some out, it helps keep bees and other insects away. They fly into it and drink some, get drunk and cant get out and end up drowining.

6. interesting... well I havent seen anymore buzzing in there, but we had fruit flies last year, so I might just try this bowl technique out.

thanks for the tips! :)