Fruit Flies?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ricks929, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Ive heard of people getting spider mites but it seems like I have fruit flies. Is this possible or are they something else? They look like big flees sorta. And how would I go about getting rid of them?

2. Fungus gnats probably.

They're fuckheads. :mad:

3. So how can I get rid of them? My humidity stays around 60% I did have a few plants that basically died that I left w/ the others just in case they came back but I threw them out tonight.

4. They love humid conditions. Let the soil dry right out, because they need damp soil for their larvae to survive. The larvae are in the soil and eat roots. The flying ones are harmless except that they lay more eggs.

A layer of sand on your soil can prevent them getting in, also potato slices tempt them to lay theiir eggs there instead. Sticky strips should take care of the adults.

Good luck man, do a search there are plenty of things to try to get rid of them, personally I nearly gave up when I got them, ended up moving house and going hydro. :rolleyes: They are surprisingly resiliant for such squishable bugs.