Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Frozen RSO

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by opusthe2nd, Aug 8, 2019.

1. This is a 2x2" chunk of frozen RSO. To put it in a syringe for consumption, what are my simplest options?

[​IMG]

2. I would just infuse a bunch of coconut oil. No need to draw it into a syringe.

3. Good advice.
    If you do this keep careful track of everything so you can estimate potency.

4. So "dilute" it will coconut oil, then do what with it? How will I dose it? By saying "a bunch", give me a rough idea, percentage wise.

5. You need to heat it on a coffee pot warmer,in a glass or stainless bowl, then draw it up ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I make doses from the syringe into gel caps, and weigh each one for consistency...

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you know the THC% and the number of grams, then you can calculate potency.

Assuming it's about 1/4 inch thick, that square has a volume of about
    Vol = (2 in)*(2 in)*(1/4 in) = 1 cubic inch
    Expressed in cm, that's
    Vol = (1 in^3)*(2.54 cm/in)^3 = 16.4 cm^3
    Assuming density is the same as oil,
    Mass = (16.4 cm^3)*(0.92 g/cm^3) = 15 grams
    This was an unimportant calculation to find a ballpark figure for mass of RSO, which you can more easily do by just weighing it.

Here's a sample calculation for adding 15 g of 90% THC RSO to enough coconut oil to fill a 30 mL tincture bottle:
    Potency = (15,000 mg RSO)*(0.9 mg THC/ mg RSO)/(30 mL) = 450 mg THC / mL Mixture

So 1 mL of the mixture will be about 450 mg THC
    A 1 mL medicine dropper holds about 30 drops, so
    1 drop = (450 mg THC)/(30) = 15 mg THC

Make sure the RSO is decarbed (240 F for 40 min) unless it already is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I just broke out in a sweat with all that math! I do not know the THC. Capsules are a pain. What I generally do is stick it in a jar and them toothpick it out and weigh each dose. The mass is 17g

I just want enough oil to make it "greasy" enough to keep it pliable but not liquid. Kinda like thick peanut butter. Mix in some lecithin?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. What you suggest should work.
    Many people add lecithin.

10. Um......Yeah......What he said :wacko:

11. I'm assuming it's decarbed. If it was mine I'd mix it with enough MCT or other light weight oil to make it flow easily and put it into a dropper bottle. Putting it into capsules is simple enough from a dropper bottle, just count the drops and you'll easily find your perfect dose by trial and error. Error on the side that doesn't overdose you. I've tried many ways to dose over the years, this is the easiest and best way to get a consistent dose each time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Now THAT"S something that confuses me when I hear that...
    When I boil mine down in a rice cooker, it Decarbs itself....
    Why do some folks insist on de-carbing the material first ? It's not necessary,unless you're gonna air evaporate it for several days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It has been decarbed. I'm a cow guy so I have lots of syringes. I think I'll make it liquid enough and just dose it by drops. Will it separate in the syringe?

14. No

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was assuming it's been decarbed because OP said it was RSO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Understood...

17. If you do that a tincture bottle with a dropper might be easier.

That’s what I do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. True, but I'd have to make it a lot thinner, which I could do I guess. Store it in fridge?

19. Actually,I did warm up a little of mine, and mixed it in with some store bought CBD oil, and that mixed together well...In the original CBD dropper bottle...That made it easier to just get a light dose at a time.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I keep mine at room temp.