Frozen Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MrNewbMcMuffin, Dec 31, 2017.

1. I done fucked up and left my bong in my friend's car with the water still in it. Any advice on how to thaw it? And would a hairdryer work?

2. Doh. Double post.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doh. Triple post.

4. usually the damage is done once it's froze.

a hair drieir would work. just let the bong sit for a couple minutes inside to let the glass worm up a bit. then go easy on the hair drier until the out side is warm.

5. id just leave it at room temp so it warms up gradually. applying heat to frozen glass is how you break it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Leave it in your room overnight.
    It'll be thawed by morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bring it in and let it thaw out naturally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Problem solved. We just put water in and slowly increased the temperature. Took about 2 mins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The best way to thaw a frozen liquid in a glass container is to slowly add cold water in a room where the temperature is above zero. Don't put it on a heated floor, dont use hot water, dont use a propane torch, don't use a lighter. Even trying to smoke out of it thinking the hot smoke will melt the ice, the hot smoke can and will crack your bong. The pressure created by water freezing in a restricted container is massive! If you can't afford a new bong take your time and be careful.

10. You're a wee bit late bud but thank you :)

Sent from my SM-G970W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Haha yeah I guess so