Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Frosting

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Stawager, Oct 11, 2018.

1. I'm starting to get pretty good at making butter as in not demolishing my kitchen and wasting butter. Last batch was two cups of coconut oil but this time I added 1 tablespoon per cup of sunflower lecithin and this is what I came up with. See picture. About 3/4 cup, I'm guessing of nice regular butter and a cup and a quarter of frosting like substance.

Did I add too much lecithin? Is the frosting just as potent as the butter? Thanks.

20181010_074247.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. WTH ???
    You'll need to describe step by step what you did so we can try and make sense of what we're looking at.
    BNW

[​IMG]

This is how mine looks and it takes just 3-6 drops of it to knock your socks off.

5 grams decarbed Hash, Kief, Weed, Shatter, Wax, Reclaim.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Blend
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Fills 30 (0) sized capsules @ 100mg each.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Decarb covered cookie sheet, 240°F 80 mins. (till brownish and smelled a little toasted) my oven runs cool I think.

Just under-boil 3 cups water on a magnetic stirring hotplate with 1oz. bud, cook for 2 hours

Add 2 cups coconut oil / 2 tablespoons sunflower lecithin. Cook 4 hours (probe was reading low 80°c but above that it would boil).

Strained / flushed & pressed with cheese cloth. Refrigerate to seperate. Dumped dark brown wastewater.

Combined chunks with a little heat, put it back in fridge to separate butter & frosting (which was already obvious I had two distinct elements).

Remove from fridge and mechanically separate butter & frosting.

4. My dose is usually 1ml, about the size of a Quarter coin doing everything except lecithin.

1ml could be too much, testing right now. SmartSelectImage_2018-10-10-23-34-20.jpg

5. 1ml way too much. I've been weeding out the mistakes and added the hot plate for the first time, so it's getting more potent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you add the lecithin while you still had water? Lecithin is an emulsifier and is responsible for that "frosting". Was it butter or oil, not that it matters? It sounds like you cooked it in water first. That can't be right, can it? For 2 hours then you added the oil/butter and lecithin and cooked another 4 hours?

Simple mistake. If you are using water to extract your cannabinoids with butter or oil then you need to completely finish the extraction and strain the material and remove the water before you add the lecithin. Remelt your butter/oil puck with no water and add the lecithin. Warm it until the lecithin dissolves or blends. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oil. Yes I added the oil and lecithin to the water together.

Got it. add the bud, oil & water at the same time. Cook for 2 hours without boiling.

Strain material, chill, remove water, add lecithin (lecithin doesn't need to cook I take it).

The lecithin binds the oil and thc together better? And makes it more digestible?

8. looks very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrassNwood's recipe will be much more potent than what you did, and you should at least try it with a small test amount.
    You can do his recipe with larger amounts of oil to exactly fit the oil of any baking recipe.

The herb was over-decarbed, which destroyed some thc.

Sam has given a good explanation of how you got frosting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cannabis trichomes are NOT water soluble and water makes for an unneeded, unwanted step in the process.
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggg Seen more screwed up Canna butter with that damn water recipe then I care to think about. Soaking the weed in water doesn't let the oil do it's job so your wasting product IMO IME.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes. Covered or not it really doesn't matter.

Grind decarbed weed to fine dust.

Mix with just enough Coconut oil to make mud with.

Add 1/6th Lecithin by oil volume.

Heat 220 F for 20 minutes. Longer if more then a few tablespoon of oil.

Freeze ( Optional but helps soften the weed dust)

Reheat

DONE !!!!

Simple, Fast, Foolproof, Strong as hell,

Now start with say 6 drops from an eyedropper. Wait 2 hours to see just how fucked up you are.
    Add 6 more drops at 2 hour intervals until your ripped off your ass.

[​IMG]

This tiny stainless steel Cat food dish is my most prized possession as it's the prime tool in making my Hash Oil.
    It'll do 3 tablespoons of Coconut oil and 15 grams of hash at a time and that fills 90 Capsules @ 100mg each.
    Way more potent then most people can handle it's been my pain meds for years now.
    Simple to start with 1/4 filled capsules until you know how much you need for the perfect high.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. I