frost

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ryan4988, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Tonight we are suppose to get a really heavy frost. what should I do to my plant?? Leave it outdoors???

Attached Files:

2. either try to cover it with something like a blanket or a some trashbags. If you cant cover it then i would harvest. its better to save it an come up a little short than lose it all to bad weather.

3. ditto on what hmonster said. If it's in a pot, bring'r in, and set her back out tomorrow morning. Yesterday I had to cover up some gals and this morning I released them from their cocoon. We had temps in the low 20's. Good luck in your decission.

4. Low 20's definitely cover them... If its low 30's i personally would not do anything, i have never had low 30's do any real damage, i believe ut helps the plant speed up the maturation

5. I agree with all of the above. I'm facing the same issue tonight. I've covered mine with a tarp. Good luck in whatever decision you make

6. Depending on your area and legality you could also string some holiday lights to produce heat under the tarps. Even a drop light with a real bulb would generate a few degrees of heat.

7. It would also interrupt the dark cycle and inhibit flower initiation. :eek:

PW

8. .One day of interruption might be a wise trade off for the heat if it keeps his plant from being killed.