Frost Coming?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gonjasmokn, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Hello I have a 8 ft Hollands Hope Plant sitting pretty question: Frost is coming soon within a week or so they say. If my plant needs another 2 weeks should i let it sit through the frost will this hurt it in any kind of way toward decreasing thc or yeild or quality?????? My trichs are only milky soooooooooooooo responses would be appriciated!:hello:

2. My big girl ( a real bush 6'' 4 tall and 7'' wide ) went thru 32.3 and 32.5 three weeks ago and is still going strong . I have heard from this site as well as others that our plants can take a pretty good hit in the temp department 27 - 28 degrees as long as it doesnt stay at that temp for long . I believe a killing frost is below 32 degrees for more than 3.5 hours but that is just what I have heard from old Italian gardners

3. ah, me and my dad used to wait for the frost to come before harvesting. if u hit it right. the plant will turn purple.

i guess freezing then curing makes it do that :confused:

:smoke:

4. Alright thanks on the info. I actually got another question i have some lights in mybackyard not real bright, but the cone of the monster is kinda over the fence and might get a lilttle of that light. So i took a garbage bag and made a hood for it. I put the hood on at 7 take it off at 7 will this help? The cone is still white in hairs where the rest of the plant is a little further along putting out a lot of red hairs.

5. In my experience cool frosty nites and sunny days make big buds. It only becomes a problem when daytime temperatures stay cool, then growth stops.

6. I tarped the plant during a frost on a couple nights, covered the top and the sides to the ground. there was slight purple forming on the top two coloas but its perfectly fine. But mine arn't 8 ft lol. good luck :smoke: