frost and the harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MrLanky, Jun 14, 2006.

1. In my area I have read that the first frost usually comes around the beggining of
    October but my plants wont be ready till late October. Will this affect my plants or will they be strong enought to withstand the lower temps by then.

2. Frost turns buds to mush.

3. Hey -

Let us start by finding out what part of the world you live in..... ( we aren't looking for your address just an about long & lat of about where you are) Are you near the coast or in the mountains?? Frost comes at different times at different places..... If you feel you are in a place where you will have frost in early Oct you should be growing Indica strain plants. They have a early finish and should be fine.... Other wise you might have frozen buds and that is never good! You might luck out and have a late frost this year in your area and everything could turn out fine.... Give us more info and we will try to help you out....

Kisses -
    Hott

PS - I live in a place that can get light frost by the 1st week in Oct and heavy frost by mid Oct but it has not happened in the last 2 seasons. (Last year first frost was Oct 26th) By the time you are getting frost at my altitude there is so little daylight that the plants are not doing anything anyway. Pick the right pot to grow and you will be fine.

4. Frost - one thing I DON´T have to worry about.

5. I live at around the 38 latitude around outside the DC area. The stains I have are indica, so am I OK or should I worry?

6. I too am at 38 N, on the Eastern (mediterranean) coast of Spain.

Mediterranean climate - I learnt this at school- Hot dry summers and warm wet winters with westerly winds.

7. would u want to prematurely induce flowering
    so that u can get some yeild without ur plants getting ruined?
    just a thought
    pce

8. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 07:42 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1037701" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>MrLanky</TD><TD class=alt2>In my area I have read that the first frost usually comes around the beggining of
    October but my plants wont be ready till late October. Will this affect my plants or will they be strong enought to withstand the lower temps by then.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your fine dude :cool: ....as well im growing only indica plants ...and im around 46 lat.....i harvest at around or latest Oct 14.....usuallly i get alot of rain around that time ...and thats my indicator of when to pick em.....maybe you have your own indicators there .... research....:wave:

9. I love not having to worry about the frost either. I would say you should start planting a little earlier than you did this year that way you'll have everything harvest before the dreaded frost comes.

10. No, that´s not right. Buds start to form when the plant detects the days are getting shorter, which for me is early August.

Planting earlier increases yield because the plant undergoes vegetative growth for longer, but it does not start to bud any earlier.