From Where Do Your Rights Come?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NorseMythology, Aug 15, 2016.

1. I should correct myself, suggesting the infinite potential is or has a self is incorrect. Self arises out of seperation, it is not a quality of unity.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Technically we are free to do as we please (within the realm of possibilities)

I guess you could say "rights" are the freedom to do as you please without repercussion?

3. That might be a good way of putting it actually.

If we could just follow the golden rule!

4. Yea, but i also think its human nature to try to get the upper hand, which usually involves shitting on fellow human beings and their rights lmao

• Like Like x 1
  5. No doubt. The interesting part is that we are able to question and reflect on those actions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Constitution

7. Did you read the OP?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think the Golden rule is more accurately phrased 'you will be treated how you treat others'. So really everyone follows the golden rule imo

9. Nope. Too stoned

10. I didnt think so

11. Tell that to psychopaths

12. I would but they've already killed me

13. The determinism i sense in you

• Like Like x 1
  14. Merica'

15. My rights came from a group of brave men who conquered a fascist king, then developed a governing system to protect future generations from tyranny.

The value of our rights is synonymous with our ability to defend them. Support the NRA and the 2nd amendment.

16. Did you read the OP?
    Or the rest of the thread?

17. I read the OP and a few of the responses. I respectfully disagree with the OP's perspective, and stated my opinion. That alright with you?

• Like Like x 2
  18. It's perfectly fine. I'd like to hear a logical deduction of how your rights came from other humans. But if not it's cool. Doesn't affect me at all.

19. It is the same principle I apply to people who are born in slavery. Human slaves are stripped of any rights by their human masters. In our free society, we have sovereign rights because of the humans who lived before us.

20. Imagine how differently things would be if sovereignty was more important to us than life.

'live free or die'