From Veg to Flower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eodnam, Mar 15, 2008.

1. I have heard that a good way to induce your plants to flower is to leave them in the dark for 48 hours before you switch to 12/12... is this true? has any one tried this one out?

2. I go with 36 hours of darkness before switching over to 12/12. You can do 48 but everyone I know does it for 36.

3. IMO.. The plants don't get 36 hours of no light in nature so therefore I don't do it I prefer ajust going straight to 12/12 from 18/6.... I say when trying to emulate nature stick with its plan it's been working so far.

4. Nature slowly introduces time reduction i thought? 5 min every night or so ?

5. that is true and i have thought about doing the gradual reduction but I am afraid of more hermies by doing that. But what does a 5 min reduction in light over time have to do with 36 hours of no light. Doesn't seem like something I would want to do unless i had lots of time to experiment maybe just 12-24 hours of darkness if you gotta do it.

6. just grow it naturally and itll be fine......?

7. ya veg 18/6 and 12/12 for flower, just switch it over I never have any problems,