From the begining.....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by T.Bug, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking good, looking good :D

Nice growth for the last week... I\'m sure we\'ll see more of that as they get bigger :)

Will you be leaving them in the pots they\'re in now, or changing them into bigger pots for flowering? (I know that the pot size doesn\'t make nearly as much difference in hydro as in soil)

2. yes i will. ihave no choce......hmm?
    well... i could build another system!!!!
    face, you r a genious.......

3. please keep checking in. dont let my threAD become boring. if ya have any questions, id love to answer!
    :D

4. nice job there partner :hello:

love the home made system! .. alot of growth in a week :D
    one thing i love about hydro, once ya roots have established its all go go go.

could i recommend putting a phew extra pepples in to cover your peat pellets. just stops the alge, what PH range have you found to be best and how many PPM\'s are you running. (im going back to have a better read of the thread). great work bro.

5. Yes question.

What bottle did you use for the containers? and what size pvc pipe is that? 1/2 inch? 3/4? 1\"?

6. [​IMG]The PPM changes each week according to the GH feed chart above.

love the home made system! .. alot of growth in a week :D

could i recommend putting a phew extra pepples in to cover your peat pellets. just stops the alge, what PH range have you found to be best and how many PPM\'s are you running. (im going back to have a better read of the thread). great work bro.[/quote]
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27420

7. Actually that is 1-1/4\" tubing w/ 1\" T\'s the larger size is less likely to clog by the roots. the root chambers are 2 liters;) . but as face said I may want them larger. Though the root dont actually get \"rootbound\" like soil because of the nature of hydroponics, still more room for the roots couldnt hurt. Not only that but most of my problems occur in the end-game do to root clogs.

8. nevermind I got the wrong impression...

9. well, what do you think? should i make them bigger? it may well help.
    An interesting thing about roots is they dont need to be that extensive when every thing is redily available to them. as soon as there is a deficet they grow to compinsate. I\'ve noticed when my system clogs the roots explode within the champer, filling it completely with tiny hairs all over. where the uncloged plants still have room in the chamber. This has been a major problem in the past, so im deticated to solving it.
    Now bigger roots=bigger bud. thats what they say for soil grows. I dont want ANY type of mess up this time. Im am realy trying to max this crop out.
    Its two pounds or bust! lol so any ideas are going to considered:)

10. Awesome design, I\'m really curious to see how that nutrient + supplement schedule works out. You\'re following it exactly as the chart says? I got a chart like that the other day in my local hydroponics store for Fox Farm nutrients and I was wondering if I\'d be able to follow it or if I\'d have to make my own schedule. Good luck!

11. on 6/12 and 12:10 pm i think it says,
    i noticed in the picture that the leaves are curling
    as far as i no this is due to the plant ttrying to retain moisture in the leaves
    how is ur humidity
    how this helps
    sick setup btw

12. T Bug thanks for answering, the only reason i ask is because ive found from experience that MY plants dont like anything under 5.8 infact ive found optium results with a range of 6.0 to 6.5 . anything under this they suffer MG defs...

just like to know what everyone else uses, i know what the charts say your SPOSED to use,thanks for the links all the same. :wave:

your right about bigger roots=bigger healthier plants... just makes sense, of course a plant can produce bigger yeilds when it has a large developed root system. enables more nutrient uptake more efficently.

stay safe. cant wait to see update in a week or sooner :D

13. Where do u buy ur food for ur plants?(I live in Belgium)

14. ow much did this all cost? its a cool ass setup man :D

15. exacly right. i just figured that out w/ some vicarious\'s help. i aways thought it was the heat. humidity has been very low due to no rain in recent weeks. a bit late to do anything now. Maybe spray them with water? but it hasnt hurt thier growth that much, as they are still growing well.:eek:

16. you can get it online. http://www.hydroponics.net/items/
    i like this site best. seems to have better prices. Good CR too. once they/i messed up an order, so i complained that i had to pay shipping on an extra order, and they sent me a cash refund for the extra shipping cost.:hello:

17. I often wonder that myself. But its nowhere near vicariuos\'s set up. his is in the thousands! No, mine is more in the $400-$500 range. I usally sell a pound for a grand evry 2-1/2 months so its well worth it!:D

18. u mean \"give\" away a pound..:rolleyes:

oh by the way... 1 p for 1000... thats $2.20 grams.... shit dude where do you live...id like to be ur friend

19. lol thats true dude. But its an airtight hook-up and i want it to stay that way. the guy is a long-time friend of an old roomy of mine. His guy doesnt even know who I am. My roomy takes the shit and brings back the cash. Basicaly no risk to me! Which is vital with my current positions and stature. I could have several certifications pulled, lose my job, and lose my son. So, i dont want to get busted.
    Besides, my friends dont pay anything! I usally have half a pound or so in the freezer between harvests. I let my buds take what they want. I\'ll grow more!:D
    Bottomline is that all know its the best set up they will ever find, so there is no need to fuck it up. No one ever feels cheated with me, that keeps it safe.

20. Do u do everithing the feeding programme says ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.