From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by puffs83, Apr 27, 2010.

1. #1 puffs83, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    It is my intentions to blog about my grow from start to finish. I debated starting this in another section of the City however once I thought about it I decided seeing as this is going to be a start all the way through the end thing doing this in the grow room design area would be a good place. My reasoning for this is we are starting with the design of the room and going all the way to the end be it a successful grow, harvest, and cure or a massive failure who knows only time will tell. Either way it goes it will prove to be a great learning experience. So here we go the start of things. So what we are looking at here is a two foot wide x two and a half foot deep x five and a half foot tall cinderblock structure that once housed a boiler. It has three six inch ducting holes preexisting one going directly into the chimney. The other two venting directly into the basement. After a few cots of lock tight basement sealer in order to keep anything in the room in the room and anything out of the room out of it. I am going to use the one six inch vent to the chimney as my outtake vent. One of the other two is going to be used as my fresh air intake I think I am going to use the one u can see in this pic. for that, and the last as a place to get all my power in the room, you cant see that one in this pic. But it is in the front bottom of the room. So that is the beginning of everything. Hopefully in a week all my stuff that has been ordered will have arrived and we can begin putting this puppy together and it will no longer be a empty white room. Meanwhile I am going to begin building my aeroponic system.

Attached Files:

2. #2 puffs83, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
    Ok so it has been a few days latter and this is where we are. Got all moved in with the exception of the lights that I plain on installing on Sunday. All of the supplies are in with the exception of the ph and ec meter. They are coming from Hong Cong so who knows how damn long that is going to take to get here. I am waiting on them to get in before I begin the grow because I want to track every aspect of this grow. I have never worked with aeroponics before so I want to be able to compile all the info I can and see if we can make next grow bigger and better. Seeds made it in from Amsterdam, I suppose I should tell you what we are growing caramelicious is going to be our test subject for the aero system. So let me explain a little bout the decorations in here. You can call me a bit of a sentimental type but I truly believe in karma so I had a great buddy give me that picture from the 17 annual cannabis cup so it had to go in here. The card is what the seeds came packed in so it had to go in as well, and the envelope had to go in to and yes everything is hanging with hart stickers because damn it I am sorry but yes I love my grass. We are using fox farm's trio hydroponic lineup. A little of bubble water for foliage application for co2 production, and pure bottled water for our water. The aero system is assembled with pvc and ez clone 360 spray heads, two bubble stones. I have only installed two grow sites because if this fails I do not want to have all my seeds invested. We are using two inch net pots, the grow medium is something I have never heard of before it is sure to grow cubes but after all that is the entire point of this grow strictly for test and educational purposes. O yeah and just by the saving grace of god that this should all work out the secondary point of it all is to have some great freaking buds. Well I think that is it for now I will hopefully see you again on Sunday when I plain to install the ceiling, door and lights for this room and with any help from the Hong Cong post along with the USPS our meters will be in and we can blow the doors off this thing.

Attached Files: