Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

From someone who thinks he can help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bigbill, May 15, 2011.

1. #1 bigbill, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    okay, i've been a little dabbled by tolerance and just thinking about the high and the simplicity of it. I have came to a couple theories. One, tolerance is a bitch but its really all in your head... :) See when you smoke more weed your tolerance goes up, this tolerance is in your mind though. I went from smoking an O a day to mainly just oils n such, but through trial and error i believe i have uncovered the mystery to tolerance. It all had something to do with your mind brain ect. when you habitually smoke weed your mind changes, for a given period of time. With this change in the mind you feel less high, but this is only an actual gift. Tolerance isnt your body getting less high, it is your body becoming more adaptable to marijuana, With this adaptation you will realize new things about marijuana and its power. I just want to leave this with the new guys, build ur tolerance up... you will be happy in the end, tolerance yields many advantages, but only your smoking time will determine what you know, because as time flys by and you experience more things, you will eventually have a tolerance.

2. Control yourself man, wtf!

3. Yeah tolerance is a double edged sword, it can be good and bad. I can completely control myself when i'm high, but sometime I don't wanna be in control lol.

4. An O a day? Holy Hell! Rich?

5. Your body creates associations from habituation. If you smoke with the same piece and in the same place frequently, you will associate that place with getting high, and your brain will begin to make counter adaptations before you even smoke.

It's all about the chemistry in your brain. THC affects the balance of many of the chemicals that exist in your brain, such as serotonin, anandamide and norepinephrine. The THC (and other cannabinoids, some of which are naturally occurring in your brain) will let you feel "high" until the brain is able to adjust the levels of the chemicals in your brain to counter the affects of the new chemicals that you have introduced. When your natural equilibrium is reached again, you will no longer feel high.

If your brain anticipates you getting high (through classical conditioning), it will start to change the balance preemptively, which is why the effects may not be as strong or last for as long as you desire. This is otherwise known as tolerance. Unfortunately, with harder drugs like heroin, this is why a lot of experienced users still overdose. You may build up a tolerance to the drug at a specific location, and be able to handle what would be considered a lethal dose to an average user. However, in a novel environment, the same counter adaptations do not exist and that same dose would very likely cause you to overdose.

Obviously overdosing isn't an issue with bud, but if you are looking to keep tolerance minimal, change the method of smoking, how many people you're smoking with, the environment, music, whatever.

Also, I have no idea whether or not it's true, but I read that how big you roll your joints/blunts has an affect on your high as well. Basically, the thinner and faster burning they are, the effect will be more like a sativa, whereas a fat joint that burns slowly will be more of an indica high. The reasoning behind this is that a slow burning joint is less likely to burn through the bud fast enough to destroy some of the cannabinoids, and the 40+ cannabinoids (other than THC) in marijuana are responsible for indica highs. Again, I have no idea if this is true, but it did seem to have this effect for me.

6. Wtf lol how high were you when this was posted? Hahahaha