From soil to hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowMassGrass, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Well i have my bin setup with airpump and stones, getting my nutes soon, probably a week and a half (can use for soil if i cant do this)..... Would i be able to put my soil and root mass in a net pot and run it in a bubbler system? I already have plants about 3 weeks old in soil and i know hydro grows faster, with better yields and thats exactly what i need.

2. You're going to want to clean as much of the dirt off the roots as possible or else it will contaminate your nutrient solution and probably throw your PH and PPM's all off. Probably the safest way would be to stick the entire root ball in lukewarm, PH balanced water and gently shake or let it soak for a few minutes. I just did this yesterday with some pretty hearty plants (they were being used as mothers and were missing some clippings but were pretty bushy already and had a large root ball), except I ran them straight under the tap after dipping them in a bucket of luke warm water. On the larger ones I clipped about 1/3 of the root material. If you're using hydroton, fill a little in the bottom, hold the clone about where you want it to sit in the pot, and gently fill in with pellets.

Being super cautious (I have some other plants that were a bit scraggly growing along side these), I ran straight PH balanced water for the first 24 hours and now I'm running GH week one nutes (meant for "seedlings" so it's a pretty mild solution). I also hung my lights pretty high for the first day - about a foot higher than normal - to give them a break their first day. I carefully monitored them through the first few days and they responded really well.