From sake bottle to classy bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Greenandclean96, May 30, 2018.

1. #1 Greenandclean96, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    So I'm fairly new and looking to turn a sake bottle I've been keeping on to into a bong. For reference it's. Green ceramic gord shaped bottle. I just need some help with what ceramic drill bit to use for the down steam hope. Any advice and tips are welcomed
    Also do I need a proper female piece or would the whole and maybe a rubber o ring work?

2. Sounds like a good idea to me. I recommend either a diamond drill bit or if you’re vvvveeeerrryy careful, use something sharp and pointy to poke a hole in it, then smooth the hole with sand paper. only attempt that if you have NO OTHER OPTIONS because it’s likely the bottle could break. happy toking

3. Some use a drill, I use a dremel with a rotary file attachment.
    Rate My Work
    I recommend practicing on junk bottles till you get it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. drill will screw ur dream

go ask my Dremmel

cheap and best too

good luck

5. I'd side with a dremel bit, but a drill bit will work. And though I'd not suggest it, you don't actually need a diamond bit, but again, just get one, it will make it easier.

You don't need to, but you can put a wrap of duct tape around your bottle where you are drilling the down stem and it will help reinforce the bottle and help reduce the likelihood of any fracturing traveling. But, who knows, it may not actually help that much, and, short of doing something crazy, isn't really needed. And of course, I'm no expert by any means.

Again, I'm a fan of a dremel. But, any 'ol diamond bit will get the job done. You can add small amounts of water to the hole as you drill it to keep your bit running cooler so you can extend the life, but again, that's not necessary. I do that though whether drilling a bong or drilling through tile.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes.