From Russia With Bud 2009

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Lots, Feb 21, 2009.

1. schtoa za hiernya blyat!
    cak tam vrassia?

2. Nice pics Lots! I may make a similar cross this year:rolleyes:

3. #24 cantharis, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009

Doesn´t fucking work for me here !!

Hey, nice pics, I will follow your grow with interest.

4. That is some good lookin work right there

I'm gonna try and rep you again if it will rep me!

5. MAD FOREST is what this is gunna turn into

6. Mad Forest?? ¿Qué?

7. Chapter 3:

Not to much excitement this week guys. The babies are growing and some of the summertime buddha's have entered adulthood! a few were stunted but have grown out of it. I though at first it was me but my girlfriend decided to confess that while I was in Moscow she sprayed them twice in a row with mite killer...So it slowed them down a little but they seemed to have grown out of it. The days are getting longer and warmer and pretty soon I will be out there with my ass on the end of a shovel. Since this is such a small update I have decided to add my own little tutorial on garden protection when it comes to animals. Scroll down past the pictures for that guide.

We received a golden lab from my gf's parents..her name is Zanya and she is now my partner in crime...she will be with me on all my adventures this year and she will even camp out int he mountains when me and CUZ go on our long hauls....I should have more to show next week as I am setting up a big room and moving the plants from under the stairs.

Some killer weed. Its Russian Blueberry Version two outdoor that CUZ grew last year and the only peice of glass I could find in my town...I know its shit but it was this or a metal pipe from china.

[​IMG]

The ladys...there kicking it into full gear now.

[​IMG]

Summertime Buddha just finished the baby stage now coming into adulthood

[​IMG]

Another Summertime Buddha...I know the set up looks ghetto but it was only for this past week. the big room gets set up this week.

[​IMG]

Index 1:
    Garden pest preventionmammal and Insect/Slug : All Natural bio warfare every living organism for themselves...Lots Vs. Deer Vs. Ibex

So far I haven't really touched on any of my outdoor growing practises or procedures. Over the last few years I haven't really had to deal with dear but this year as CUZ informs me I will. I have been reading an old ass book from the 80's about natural deterrence that occur in nature for virtually all the most common disease and garden pest bugs and animals.
    There have been thousands of threads on these matters and I intend on condensing all the bullshit into results you can see with your own eyes. Im not a bullshitter or one of these secret guys who wont tell his special techs I want everyone to prosper and have a bountiful harvest so lets get down to biz.

I am a huge advocate of chicken wire fences and I believe fences are your sure shot way of keeping out mammals but obviously this is not going to help you when it comes to bugs or dieses. I have a love hate relationship with fences and if a deer really wants your plants like really bad you need fence that just is not practical in the outdoor guerrilla growing theatre. So this year I intend on using a combination of fences and ALL natural replants.

Effective Fence System: All mammals

Fences are great! but there are good ways of using them and bad. I will only touch on the good in this section. The way I use fences is quite simple. When the plants are young I put up your standard chicken wire fence....obviously the size of fence depends on the size of the plant but as a rule of thumb and obvious camo reasons I try and keep my fences 2 feet exposed 6 inches buried.

The fences when built look like a cylinder and there are many ways of securing the two cut end together. I just take pliers and twist the wire together in various areas down the semline.
    I do not fold over my fences in a bird cage fashion because If I cant get to the plants before they out grow the fence it has adverse affects obviously. I place the factory edge in the ground and the sharp cut edges pointing up. I then fold the sharp chicken wire edges in rather then out so when a deer goes to shove is mouth in the cage it gets cut up and hopefully fucks off. I paint the chicken wire green for added camo.
    Along with these mini fences I wrap burlap string around the entire patch once or twice (if permitted) at a height of 2.5 feet as a first line of defence. Some guys use fish line to make it invisible but IMO if a person walks into your patch they will feel that fish line just as much as they would burlap string....and if you grew your plants proper...if they get that close to your patch your pretty much fucked anyways.

Rabbits:

See above

Slugs:

I have always had to deal with slugs. But in my opinion slugs are one if not the easiest garden pest to keep under control. The solution is actually quite simple. Slug Bait! In recent years they have come out with organic all natural slug bait which is less harmful to the environment and animals. I have switched over to this stuff because of obvious reasons but also some not so obvious. The old generic slug bait I use to buy was a bright whitey yellow and it stood out like a sore thumb. This new organic type has more of a brownish earth tone to it and is basically invisible when applied....so you get the best of both worlds. Nature friendly and camoed. when ever I have used slug bait I have NEVER had a problem and I usually only apply it once a year. In extreme cases such as growing in a low lying area were plants are extremely prone to slugs you should just continue re-applying the bait as suggested in the directions on the package.

Old School Tricks:

Over the years I have heard it all and tried many things. Im not going to waste to much time on these methods because IMO it all depends on where you are growing and what's growing around you. Human hair, Human piss, predator piss, predator shit, soap, it all has its place but its trial and error and only you can find out what works for you. for example I have to deal with Ibex this year so who knows if my old ways will work.....will a fence stop an animal with 3 foot long horns? we will find out!

The Experiment:

I am currently working on a method of repelling dear and other animals by making them hate the taste of my weed plants. What I intend to do is create a plant friendly spray which I intent on applying on the plants while they are in veg. Lets not forget that deer and I would imagine many other animals have a very good memory. If they eat your weed once and don't get it all they will be back. This works in our favour also...if they eat our weed and don't like it they wont come back.

My backyard backs onto the altai. I am not rite in the mountains but pretty close. I have no neighbours just wilderness. First I am going to create a solution with ingredients I believe will turn off dear. I am going to soak the shit out of a fresh head of lettuce and since there is no plant life around yet the deer should flock to it. I am hoping they will eat a little but not take it all. If they do take it all I will apply my solution to another head of lettuce and see if they come back.

So what is going to be in my solution? here it is, quite simple actually except for one ingredent. I will boil 3 onions, 3 garlic bulbs, a bottle of hot pepper flakes and one pod full of Datura stramonium seeds in a pot with 1 gallon of water for 6 hours. I will then strain this solution through cheese cloth and dilute it with water. I expect much trial and error but if this works it could be huge!

What is Datura? some of you may know it as Jimson weed, Jamestown weed, angels trumpet, devils trumpet. This shit is deadly it pops up in the news every so often back home when a few kids decide to eat a few seeds to get high and one of them ends up ODing. In a test on animals they gave horses two pods each and 12 out of 15 horses died. Before any of you start preaching that green peace shit lol....no i do not intent on killing the deer (although I thought about it) but since those fuckers have enjoyed getting high on my weed for the last 10 years I decided to give them something they will really get high on. I will start with this strength and up the aunty if I don't get the results im looking for.

My predictions are they will come for it the first time but after that they will leave me alone. this along with my fence and fish line should keep the animals in line. I will keep you guys updated and if this works I will post the final recipe and procedure. If it passes the lettuce trail then I will apply it to a test plant and or plants. Vegetable gardeners use these types of recipes for tomatoes, herbs, and all sorts of things so im quite sure it wont kill the plant. By the time the sun switches and induces bud the deer will know to stay away from my patches. Lets see what happens! on a side note if I do notice dead deer randonly lying around I will stop this rite away.

Until next weeks update, Stay Safe

-Lots:wave:

8. Buckley: You said "what the fuck hows Russia" lol Russias great dude but im not sure what your what the fucking about lol anyways thanks for stopping by!

ElDiablo: I think im going to force flower some plants early in the year. I want a summertime buddha crosse...because summertime buddha comes from Toronto which is where i was born, and as we know auto flowers come from Russia which is where I am now. Ill call it lots lol!

Weed Fiend: Thanks dude!

cantharis: My encounters with spanish women have been few and far between but i will say this the hot ones are spoiled and the ugly ones...well there ugly. I am honered that a member with your stature is taking intrest and I remember way back in the day dude, i was a young lad reading your post back in the OG days. Its nice to have a heavy hitter around!

come: Dude this shit aint gonna be mad, its gonna be fucking mad crazy son!

thanks again guys!:smoking:

9. #30 mattwood1011, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    looks good lots, glad you advertised your self on diablos thread ;)

10. Yo Lots,
    Why, this is just a fabulous thread! I had no idea you could pull this off in Russia or how truly beautiful it is there in your region. Would you mind me asking how discreet you need to be with your activities and what the penalties are for cultivation? Do they send you to Siberia? hahaha
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens here in the US as the economy worsens. I was watching a TV special yesterday about the cannabis trade in Mendocino, Cali and how basically their entire economy is based on the pot trade, which is still illegal as far as the feds are concerned. Man you should have seen the buds they were growing out there...they made my mouth water.
    So, how long will you be in Russia? You are a most interesting fellow and I don't want to probe too deeply...perhaps I have already asked too many questions. Keep up the great work bro, I hope to see your efforts make it to fruition, you're off to a truly great start.
    Oh BTW, I too have a yellow lab, would love to see a picture of yours.
    Join the inner circle my friend, you deserve to sit among us.
    Your Pal, Pork

11. Thanks for the kind words, Lots. We will all hopefully have a good summer season.

12. Got my fingers crossed for that brother

I've got about a hundred bagseeds from world class bags of trees
    cannot wait!

13. #34 RobertDowneyJr, Mar 14, 2009
    Хорошее Везение!!!

Grow sounds promising-- good luck man!!

14. #35 Lots, Mar 14, 2009
    matt: Thanks! I usally would'nt do that but you guys asked!

Oldpork: Well actually The part of the altai I live in is considered siberia, I think a common deception us westerners have is the fact that siberia is its own country or state when in fact it is just a region of Russia like how Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin are considered the mid west in America. So if they did send me to the gulag they would have to take me very far...im already here!

In 2003, possession of up to 20 g of marijuana, as well as small quantities of many other drugs, ceased to be a criminal offence. Since 2006, this "legal" amount was lowered to 6g. The laws are much worst for trafficing. 50 times the legal limt is considered trafficing and in most cases trafficing is trafficing weather its weed or opium (the the red army has the industry on lockdown). The gulag sentence for trafficing seems to depend on either which region you get caught in and how much you have or how much money you have;). So yes the laws are enforced and no the laws are not loose, worse...much worse then canada.

For now I plan on staying in Russia for the next 4 years (work permitting) and my gf soon to be fiance loves her country...its a big misconception that russian women want to escape russia....that is not the case some do but those are the equivilent to North American gold diggers! Next year we are planning on moving to moscow which means a more risky operation but if all goes well this year I will only need to grow enuff to support my habit. When we decide to start our family we will move back to Canada because IMO Canada has one of the best social systems in the world.

And no you havent probed to much, I have nothing to hide because my proxy is not a russian one so if the FSB wants to find me the proxy will take them to either Brazil or Canada lol.

This thread is going to be up till the very end although i will warn you when harvest time comes I will prob be gone for a few weeks as we plan on drying much of the bud out in the hills which obviously means no internet. When I was continplating this grow log I put alot of thought into it and I wanted it to be a fun format to read, I wanted it to be a thread people could sit down smoke a reefer and read end to end...learn about a new culture, learn some of my methods and inspire all you secluded North Americans to get up and see the world and maybe plant a few seeds along the way.

I have read much content form you and I admire you very much....Your invitation to the "inner circle" has made my day and when the big dawgs come into my thread and comment it makes me feel worthy of growing with such a great bunch of guys....now where the hell is Danko!!!

Heres Zanya. She is 1 year old she doesnt speak english....yet

[​IMG]

cantharis: well you always have a good year...for you its a matter of 3 pounds or 6 lol win win situation for you my friend, meanwhile im fighting the KGB and fucking Ibex haha.

Bigtrees: bag seed is under rated IMO after all there is no strain called bag seed so all our bag seed is an actually strain right! most of the small girls in my pics are technically bag seed from PAVEL and they are growing faster then the seeds I bought!

RobertdowneyJr: Iam a man who doesnt belive in luck! Proper procedure and TLC ALWAYS yeilds good results! thanks for stopping by!

On a side note guys Im taking my thread down from another site it is on. I want it to be a GC exclusive and I prefer the tight knit inner circle as pork calls it...to the commerical popularity contest that are apparent on other forums!

Stay Safe, Eat russian Box and smoke trees....BIG TREES!!

-Lots

15. Hey Lots, looks like everything is progressing nicely. I'm curious what kind of weather patterns does your part of Russia have around summer (last frost, first frost, avg summer temp). Seems like most of Russia would be a pretty unforgiving place to grow.

Good Lu... Procedure and TLC...
    Indica Kid

16. that dog is the cutest fucking thing ever, and with the plants in the back it might be one of the best pictures on gc ;)

17. checkin in! what a beautiful dog you have man!

18. #39 wenahaone, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    wow. Growing in russia. I can see how it'd work out pretty good with the low population densities and all.

the region you're in.... southern russia. It doesn't look like the volgograd area, cuz i think that area's actually kinda arid. So it's east of the urals?

cool stuff. I'll be watching.:)

19. Now I understand why you call yourself Lots...you got lots o' balls, man. I mean call me out of the loop but I have not heard of too many Russian weed farmers! I can see that you have put a lot of thought into your thread, and I am enjoying it very much.
    Your story is a good one. Two young lovers, about to be engaged, from different countries making a start in the mountains of the Russian Altai and using mother nature to help them along! How very cool and how fortunate we are to have you here. May I raise my glass to you both and wish you both a long happy, healthy and successful life together! Me, on the other hand, well I am just an old curmudgeon whose time has pretty much come and gone. But that's OK, life has been good and I may be old but I'm happy. I am however a little concerned about the current economic crisis and with that the uncertainty of this continuing American dream. All I really wanna do is continue living the country life I made for me and mine and, although intrinsicly I am a pacifist, if someone wants to fuck with that life they will end up with a belly full of lead.
    Zanya IS a wonderful looking yellow labrador and when I showed Vladimir here her picture, his red rocket appeared and he says he wants to hook up. He is most uncouth. hahahaha

Attached Files: