From Outdoor to Indoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrjwana, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Hi

I have a plant which has been growing outside and is heading at the moment and has been for weeks. But the weather is crap and it is cold and dark. So I bought a light and am going to bring it inside.

I have a big cupboard ready for it and just want to know what I should do next?

Blacken the cupboard with black bin liners, hang up the light and the backing reflextor, put the plant in, shut the door and turn the light on 12/12?

Turn the light off in the night and open the cupboard a little for ventilation?
    Water it only when it is dry?

I have never grown indoor before, so sorry for the lame questions.
    It is only one plant and I have a 600W light.

I am thinking 2 - 3 weeks max left for my plant before it flowerers if I leave it outside.

I am hoping the indoor will fatten up the buds that are all ready on there and give them a little flavour.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

2. Not a bad plan. Just make sure to consider several critical elements.

1. Ventilation. You didn't mention how big the cupboard was but a 600w gives off alot of light and heat. Little overkill for one plant IMO, you didn't mention how big it was... Can't hurt though, as long as you have temps under control.

2. Make sure its lightproof! Hermies are no fun. Don't know what bin liners are, but seems like you have it under control.

also, I assume its in the ground outside? Do you have some sort of plan on digging it up and putting it in some sort of pot? Might not like its roots being disrupted.
    Pretty baked right now so hopefully this helped. :smoke:

3. Re: Outdoor to Indoor
    You want to make sure no light can get in, but the inside is a reflective white or mylar for reflection.

What type of light are you using, for a flowering mother you will either want and HID or at least a few cfl's.

If you dont already have one, an indoor timer is well worth the 5 bucks, keeps your lighting times the same which is important.

Check out stickies for more info!

This post is also in the Absolute beginners section, along with this answer. ^^^^^^^^

P.S. Bin liners suck, it would be better painted white!

4. Thanks so much for the help...

It has been grown in a pot outside so I just bought it in...

The cupboard is huge. Maybe 2 and a half 3 metres tall, 1 and a half metres wide and deep.

So it's quite big. The plant fits in there with lots of room all around and plenty of room above.

The light is a HID and came with a reflexter attached that is big enought for the plant, but not all of it. So do I have to rotate the plant or but up aluminum to make sure the whole thing is reflective? Sorry for the dumb ass questions but I really no sweet FA about indoor!!

I am still not sure what I should do about ventilation? Open the door a crack when its dark?

Or, I gon't no...

Thanks again for all your help...

5. What are you talking about with the reflector? It's not for your plant, its for the bulb. Hang it like 18" above the top of your plant with the reflector on the bulb.

6. ^^ what they said. You could keep it open if thats a possibility. One thing though, if you want to open it in the dark make sure there's no light around at all.

7. Thanks!!! I think I mentioned I didn't know what I was doing...

Appreciate the help and the patience...