From flouro's to HID now sick...Experts needed HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dlsmokes, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Please check out my journal for more info and progressive photos. The photos im posting are from today, and most recent damage.
    Got the clones from a friend. Looks like nute burn, but i have never fed them any nute.

I am learning to grow organic. Thought originally, it was heat stress, because he grows with flouro's. I grow with HID, so i thought maybe it was to intense. He uses nutes, now he tells me. After i talked a lot of shit about the way they started to look, he tells me he gave them the first dose of nutes before he gave them to me.
    So with that, I have flushed them twice, two weeks in a row, with 2.5 gallons of water each plant. Hopefully they recover. I am wondering if maybe my soil didnt break down well enough, and now i have a combination of nute burn, and nute deficiencies. help a sista out!

Attached Files:

2. Hey dl,
    Unless they are still in the soil your friend gave them to you in, this probably isn't from anything he did (not 2 weeks later). It very well could be that your soil wasn't fully broken down, how long did you let it sit? They also look overwatered. Lay off on the watering a bit.

You should definitely top them off with an ewc "slurry". Also, make a kelp tea and give them that. Soak 1/4 cup of kelp in 2.5 gallons of water for a day or two, then water them with that. You can also use the kelp as a foliar feed. It'd be especially good combined with some aloe juice (1/2 cup per gallon). There's a couple things going on here, so that's why the vermicompost and kelp will help. The ewc will also help buffer any processes still happening in your soil. Use a good bit of ewc, enough to give everyone a nice thick layer on top. Definitely ease up on the watering too.