From clone to BUD?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pepperman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hey guys quick question i got a friend about to start up a nice little grow op. we are considering using mother plants, How long do you expect itll take from the time i clip the clones til i can harvest em?
    considering i am clipping from a nice mature mother plant.

2. It all depends on what strain and what your growing situation is.

For me personally its about 10-14 days from mother plant to rooted clone.

From there I usually vege for 2 weeks under T-5's and then another week under HPS.

I grow Master Kush that I generally flower for 10 weeks.

It takes a week to harvest and do the initial drying ... and then at least another week of light curing before its really ready to smoke.

..... So for me its about 17 weeks from cutting a clone to a frosty bowl of dank.

3. Sounds about right, Duck. My clones root in 1-2 weeks then spend another couple of weeks under 24/7 before going into the flowering room. After that it's 2 to 2.5 months before I pick the sweet buds. I usually cure longer than you mention, but I often sample early as I am sure we all do ;)

4. thx for the input. sounds about right to me. what about the mother plant
    obviously you dont ever flower her right?
    about how long should I give her b4 its ripe time to take clones?

5. duck is about right. give or take a few days here and there.

6. kind of depends on how you're growing. if you're doing hydro they're gonna grow faster and you'll be able to take clones quicker. but i'd say probably 4-5 weeks after sprouting.

7. Mothers can be flowered eventually if you want when you replace them with a new one from a clone. I've had mothers that I've kept alive for years and years though.

You let her get a little bushy then take clones. Lather, rinse, repeat. Keep her healthy and she'll be good to you.

8. any pictures of that mother plant you mentioned, would be really cool to check out

9. how long does it take for kryptonite to be done

10. About 8 to 10 weeks after you start flowering them.