From Caterpillar To Butterfly

Discussion in 'General' started by Sour Kush, May 2, 2011.

1. A few weeks ago my girflriend, daughter and I caught a caterpillar just for fun. I put it in a small pickle jar after drilling holes in the lid, put leaves in the jar so the caterpillar would have food until it decided to begin it's metamorphis. Well, not even a day later the caterpillar had already spun it's cocoon and trapped itself inside.

Fast forward until today and the butterfly has decided it is time to begin it's next cycle of life. I have opened the jar and left it sitting outside so that the butterfly can fly off into the wild whenever it chooses. So far it has been sitting in the jar for an hour and a half, I suppose it's giving it';s wings sometime to strengthen before it takes flight.

But being as faded as I am right now got me to thinking about how crazy the whole situation is. How something could just close itself off and awaken only weeks later to have it's body completely transformed. I am amazed at just how amazing nature can be.
    :smoke:

Pointless, but metamorphis is tripping me out right now.

Attached Files:

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvjV1jtvl4]YouTube - Trailer Park Boys - Mr Lahey Shit Moths[/ame]

Obligatory