from a buddhist's point of view...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by PMoney, May 1, 2010.

1. we are in the presence of what is the possibly the biggest lose-lose situation in human history in that humanity has evolved from the children of the gaian aura to a filthy, mindless disease;a parasite spreading pollution and stupidity throughout mother earth and across all spectrums of life on the planet, and what we don't realize is that we're dying. we're actually killing ourselves because we lack the ability to recognize or understand this dilema. so then the question comes to be "well, how do we fix something like this?" or "is there really any hope?" and in my mind, the answer is yes, there is hope. but it's a shrinking light at the end of a long, dark tunnel that's getting smaller every minute of every day. the real solution lies not within the minds of the politicians, the pope, or some kind of archetypal character. the solution rests in the confinements of human spirit, and to tap into that means coming to a "mini-revelation", so to speak. a dramatic experience that sparks the cosmic understanding of nature and the world.

word.

2. I personally don't classify myself as Buddhist or anything for that matter. I believe the leaders of many world's religions were divine prophets teaching the same general message of love and understanding. There is hope because the divine spirit is within us all if it's tapped into.. with the right kind of words you can change the day to day life of the souls around you.

3. i one hundred percent agree with you. everything you said is the complete truth and people should realize it, however our world is filled with a bunch of ignorant people and such a goal is a very hard agreement to achieve. however, there is hope all in all. One day hopefully, everyone would be able to get together to agree with one another

4. please elaborate more on this "mini-revelation"...

is this coming from a positive or negative event?

i agree with everything you said...

in my perspective that mini revelation is going to come from a negative event...

by the time we figure it out it will be too late

5. #5 deadtrend6, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010

i wish everyone saw things like this.
    but some of us will survive.and well have to make a better world from the ashes

6. What makes the modern world so much more bleak, than say 50 years ago? 100? 200? 1000? I don't think our actions have changed fundamentally as humans...we are just a bigger species with more means to change our environment, but I don't think morality has really changed. Why is right now the lose-lose situation in our history?

7. [quote name='Ugyatag']What makes the modern world so much more bleak, than say 50 years ago? 100? 200? 1000?
    QUOTE]

maybe not 50yrs ago, but nuclear warheads do come to mind. things like the manipulation plutonium and uranium, tend to make things "more bleak" than before. not much, but a little.

8. The 'mini revelation' will unfortunatly be brought on by negative events, and those events are around the corner.

9. does it have anything to do with water? cuz then im definitely moving

10. #10 1Trismegistus1, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
    Apparently you aren't yet at a higher level of Buddhist wisdom, or you would recognize that humanity is in the perfect state. The highest state? No, but everyone is right where they need to be doing exactly what they need to do to evolve. Even if we kill this planet, it is all right. You are clinging to the human body too closely, as physical matter is the lowest of our manifestation in the All, and I'm fairly sure Buddhist enlightenment entails understanding suffering, and suffering comes from human desire, which comes from the want for bodily pleasure.

11. one would not make a assumption of another if they followed the buddhist path.
    though you are correct in some aspects its not our way or anyones way to tell someone thier wrong especially when on a subject of not clinging.i still feel a love for our planet and the need to help it.an the buddhist way also says harm as little as possible.
    our planet whether or not it can think, is a living being and has just as much right to exist unharmed.

12. you know my geology professor says that the earth does what it does and cares not that we are here.

in a sense we know there is nothing we could actually do to "kill" this planet. even if every nuke in the world was detonated at once, it would not kill this planet. might kill all/most of us and would change alot about the environment, but it would not destroy this planet and it wouldn't even eliminate the possibility of future life here.

in what is know as "geological time" the only thing that would destroy this planet is an impact with another celestial body of formidable mass or our star dying.

our way of life is in jeopardy, not the planet's life.

in the way of the Buddha, though, our way of life is at the point it needs to be to bring forth the tranformation.

13. wtf, buddism? that sounds tupid, you should write a book about him

14. Who said I'm a buddhist? I never said he was wrong either, I am simply pointing out an observation. Acceptance is a big part of buddhism and enlightenment in general, and referring to humanity as a "parasite" is both putting yourself up on the "holier than thou" pedestol (sp?) as well as not seeing your brothers as merely at a different stage of development as yourself.

You do not look at a child who plays with his toys and imagines he is a police officer or a robber playing games with his playmates as insane like you would an adult who did the same, but you see him in his proper stage of development. The same goes for all members of the race, though it is not a level of development that "maxes out" in just one lifetime but spans across many going on into infinite higher levels of unfoldment.

In thinking that humanity as a parasite the OP is at his current stage of development where he is awakening to the higher things, and feels he has exceeded beyond others, which he has, but one shouldn't look down at the members of a lower class of the school of life, having passed through it himself, and perhaps only being in the next grade, like the seniors in highschool who somehow feel better than the freshmen. Yet once we grow a bit older, we see the whole freshman/senior conflict as the silly childish thing that it is.

I am only trying to give my brothers a higher perspective so that they too may advance as quickly as possible with help along the way.

15. #15 StrwberryCoffee, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
    Um, from a Buddhist point of view all this has happened countless of times before and will happen countless of times again. Sadly, there is no novelty in the apocalypse in the Buddhist religion.

Man, you really need one of those posters of the cat hanging in the tree that says "Hang in There, Baby!" :D

Strwberry Coffee out