frined gave me some trees.. need help !!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by opopg12, Jun 23, 2012.

1. by frined i mean my diller xD..
    any ways he gave me some trees and i never grow weed in my life.i read about it so much but to actually grow its pertty hard.
    any ways here the trees:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so i dun even know for how long this guy grow them but i can guess its about 3 week or so..
    well now.. what light should i put above them? i have no idea.i just put them on the table with some light(floresnt)and fan..they look very helthey and that kinda good i guess ? ;p
    i can few questions as well..
    1-what kind of light i need to buy for that kind of flowers?
    2-i need the light to be on 24/7?(also the fan 24/7)?
    3-how much water i need to give them and when?(per days-hours)
    that about it guys..my frist grow i need advice pertty quickley so i can go and buy the stuff..

2. Hit the search and type your questions in....These questions come up ohh....3 times a week or so... you have a lot of options, depending on your budget and space...do some research man.... Nice plants aswell.

3. #3 BadKittySmiles, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    What's your budget, and where do you plan on keeping them (cupboard, closet, small room)?

At least one or two of the plants look like they are a little ways into bloom, but you could revert back and 're-veg' them for a bigger yield if you'd like (otherwise, at this rate, you'll be lucky to end up with an oz or two).

In simple terms, when we discuss vegging, we mean what happens early on, after germination, utilizing a longer light schedule and a higher nitrogen content in our feed, in order to build up vegetative growth (foliage, healthy branching etc.), and the bloom phase is where you reduce the light cycle to simulate autumn, increase the PK (phosphorous, potassium) versus the nitrogen in your feed, triggering and aiding the hormonal changes which encourage flowers or buds to begin coming.

It seems your friend has had them under a 12/12 or similar light cycle, if you want to go back to a vegging state, you'll want to keep the light schedule around 18/6 - 20/4 (on/off). If you want to continue blooming, continue with 12/12. You'll need a light or appliance timer.. it's much better than relying on your own memory and consistency :p

If you can spend a couple hundred dollars (it's WELL worth it; including start-up costs, you should still yield more than enough herb during your very first crop to compensate.. and it keeps getting more cost-effective the more you learn :) ), look into a 100watt - 600watt HPS and a decent horti-bulb for the enhanced spectrum. For instance, I use a 430watt HPS in my veg room, and 1,000 watt lights in my bloom rooms. Over a decade ago though, I was regularly pulling in 1.25 - 1.75 lbs from the 430watt alone. Like I said, a couple hundred for a half decent light is WORTH it. :)

And find some good vegging and bloom nutrients (or just bloom nutes, if you don't want to re-veg for a larger yield..).. Advanced, Dutch Master, General Organics, Fox Farm, General Hydroponics... which brings up another thing to consider; do you want to go organic, or in-organic with your nutes and medium?
    If you do re-veg, definitely transplant to larger pots... and you'll certainly want to replace those little white tubs, either way, whether you transplant the others or increase the amount of medium, or not.

If your budget is teeny-tiny, under $50 - $60 or so, I'd suggest checking out the organic/gardening section at your local gardening center, or Home Depot, and while you're there, pick up a few cheap CFLs (compact fluoros) and fixtures for them... some folks just buy three or four of those $5 work lights, and put a dual socket adapter (for 2 x CFL bulbs) on each.
    When using CFLs, try for a minimum of 100 - 150 actual watts (ignore the higher 'equivalent' watt rating), but keep in mind that watt for watt, CFLs are roughly 1/3 less powerful or less efficient for the plants, and do not produce as many lumens, as an HID/HPS/MH.

These are what I'm talking about (hope the pics work, just grabbing them from google!)

(remove the caging.. )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a quick example of, presumably, a simple HID/reflector (center), and two CFLs on either side...

[​IMG]

Anyhow, that's a very basic start, but hopefully it clarified a few points for you, and it should give you at least a few terms and names to research and google... :p

Good luck, and have fun!

4. #4 superskunkgrow, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    600w hps is £60 on ebay a cheap desk fan or 2 a timer some nutes bigger pots and soil u cud do that for just over a hundred as for watering just water them when the soil feels dry at the top lights 18/6 not to hard pretty much wht ive got

5. thanks so much! after i read what you said i decided to give them 12/12 hour on light.
    and ye i will go to home dipo and buy few cfls..what the wolt ech 1 need to have at least?

6. if u wana get good heavy buds of it get an hps light cfls arent half as good m8

7. Another little bit of advice, don't smoke cigarettes around your plants. Marijuana is susceptible to getting Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Smoking weed by them isn't really a good thing either, try to avoid it.

8. Those plants look like they are flowering already

9. what you mean? no flowers have poped yet.

10. This is what a flowering cannabis plant looks like (few shots from my last crop)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pics are a bit blurry, but particularly in this photo of yours, the plant looks like it's well into blooming... something looks thick in the middle there anyhow. :) :p

[​IMG]

11. That's what it looks like on a couple of the other clones also. A couple of them look like they might have been taken off early flowering plants. It's not uncommon, especially for getting them for free. You shouldn't be worried though as long as you give them at least 18/6 light they will reveg and thrive.

12. 18/6 lighto or 12/12?

13. Depends on what your trying to do with them. If you want them to continue to grow than 18/6. If you want to induce flowering and finish them out than 12/12.

14. thx man.i want them to grow much more so i guess i will go for the 18/6.
    getting today hps light how wovlt i need?about 200?

15. Check your PM.

16. About 200 what?

17. I think he means wattage for HPS.. Just remember 100W for first plant then 50W for each additional is a good rule to follow.

18. I got three plants so I'm buying 250w

19. 250w would be good. A 400w might be better if you plan on vegging for awhile. Not sure about your situation or how big of an area you will be growing in so it makes it a little harder to suggest things. A 400w setup shouldn't be to much hotter than 250w and you'll get better performance, bigger plants and higher yields.

20. Get a dimmable 600 HPS. Most cost effective per sq ft. You can dim it at first and turn it up during flowering.