friend's setup, looking for some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatigue1477, Apr 17, 2010.

1. #1 fatigue1477, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    hi, i've been perusing these forums for a while, and recently my friend started growing marijuana. he sort of just jumped into it using bag seeds, and right now they're around a month in. he asked for my help a little late, and i don't know 100% of the details, but i'm looking for some advice to help him out.

for lighting, he has 2x 32 watt 6500k flourescents. for soil, he doesn't remember but it was scott's something or other and he says he saw it recommended somewhere.

the space looks like this:
    [​IMG]

and the plants look like this:
    [​IMG]

very open to suggestion, the plants are at least a month old but he's not exactly sure so i'm cautious about when to start sexing. should probably also mention they've been under light 24 hourse since seed

2. First off... move your light's closer. Like, within 1-2 inches. CFL's and flourescents lose a lot of their intensity after a few inches and that is why your plants are stretching. Fill those cups up the rest of the way.

Also, get more lights. 100 watts for 1 plant and 50 for the rest is a good rule of thumb.

3. Like akhans said, more lights + better light positioning. After a month they should not look like seedlings. If you want any kind of mature plant or bud later on, you will need to improve upon both of those.

4. :wave: you also need to get a fan blowing on them if you don't got one already, it will help the stems grow stonger and give you some airflow.

Good luck

5. my friend says that you need to get much more light. cmon a 2 pack of 26 watt daylight floros from home depot is $3.