Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friends quit smokin weed, Becoming Douche's

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Dawcta Jake, Nov 13, 2008.

1. So, 3 of my best buddies have quit smoking weed to Join the military. I personally love smoking weed, just everything about it drives me crazy, so many good times.

Anyways, theres 3 buddies of mine are pretty much sober now, and have become douchebags. I haven't seen them in about a week, i go to school and work 2 jobs (I live an expensive lifestyle) And they know this, and buddy calls my HOUSE at midnight about a week ago, I pick up, tell him i just got off work, im tired, dont call here.

He calls AGAIN about a minute later, i dont pick up, and he leaves this half drunk message calling ME a douche, saying "Hey, remember us! Your OLD friends!, or something stupid like that. This has never happened before, ive gone a whole month before without talking to this guy while we both smoked weed, and i could just go see him and everything would be cool, but now, a week later, he doesn't wanna talk to me or nothing?

I dont get it, anybody else had similar experiances?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've had something opposite of your situation happen actually.

My best friend & I go to separate colleges, but he started to smoke a lotttt more excessively. More than he ever had. And lately he's been a real jackass to basically everyone we know back home.

But that really sucks, drunk dials can get insanely obnoxious/annoying.

3. Why haven't you hung out with them? Maybe they just feel like you don't come around anymore?

When I first started smoking, I realized that I started hanging out with my good friends that smoke rather than my even better friends that don't. It's just that smoking can become such a big part of what we do, that we don't see others that don't like herb. A lot of people grow up, people change, and we grow apart.

4. My friends have become like this as well...:/

5. Yeah, but im a busy guy, and they know this. Like i just fuckin giver, i usually get 1 day off outta my week, and so i like to relax, ya'know? I dunno, i guess people change. Just hate how they say ive changed, when im exactly the same, and all they've done is changed, lol.

6. LOL, exactly!

7. #7 GoliathToker79, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008

Yea this happend to my main "Toker buddy". He is also the one who convinced me to try cannabis was smoking one year prior. We used to always hang out, buy weed smoke each other up. Then one day we go over to his brother's house, everything is chill playing smash bros brawl. All the sudden he said he tells his bro he is tired he leaves. Driving high he tells me hes quiting cause weed gives him panic/anxiety attacks. Doesn't like getting high or the cost. His pshychrist told him weed caused panic attacks, so now he is on some medication for anxiety.

My theory is he just stressed out, cause hes moving soon and his mom isn't welcoming him with open arms for awhile she has been threatning to kick him out. He is uncertain about his future, not cannabis, right??

My one friend then calls us up who quit also, tells us we should go running with him after we smoked on two joints. While we run my other friends told him if you quit it will boost your confidence/energy and with the ladies, you will be more motivated all this bullshit.

So he buys into that shit now he just drinks a lot now and that hasn't kept him out of trouble, went out smashed mailboxes got caught. Someone called the police hearing them smashing there outdoor lights.

Ever since he quit, we haven't hung out as much. Yes, were both working especially him. Still when were toking we'd find time to hang out.

8. A lot of times when someone quits smoking they naturally find it easier if they are not around weed/people smoking weed. Being a douche is another thing though.

9. Theres no excuse for them being douches even if they did quit smokin.

10. #10 swiperdafox, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008

yeah well i have this homegirl that was my best friend
    we used to smoke like 4 times a day everyday
    there was also my ex-homie that smoked with us everyday [a different person]
    all three of us kicked it everyday
    then she started dating some one dude and he started tagging along
    i got a long with him and hes a pretty good homie
    but he started telling her no to blaze, and she would listen
    thats her deal
    but now he returned from boot camp or whatever
    and he doesn't let her do shit
    all of a sudden he trips whenever we even talk
    cause he thinks she is gonna blaze
    but i mean hes right to think that but still
    i guess they made some pact for him not to drink and her not to smoke
    then he calls her like every night drunk talking shit accusing her of blazing
    but anyway this guy started acting like a fuckin' dick.
    completely trying to control her and trying to make her cut off all contact with me

idk i thought dude was a homie,
    but i guess not

11. The friends I have that quit smoking just become heavier drinkers. XP

12. uhh..as far as it sounds youre the one whos become the douche.

your friend you havent seen in a week calls you nd you tell him ur tired nd not to call here? thats dick behavior.

13. I don't associate with bitches, all my friends are strait as fuck.

14. My old group of friends throughout high school, we didnt blaze till like 12th grade, got really tight, and then a year later one of them stopped smoking, and then stopped being around it leading the others to stop smoking. We are no longer friends really, they have become so anti pot anti fun.

15. im confused..... they called u and said remember Us? ur the one who's too busy for them?.... (from what i read) so if ur too busy for them maybe ur being the douche.. (not calling you that at all... just saying in there eyes) so correct me if im wrong please. again im confused :(

16. I feel ya man.

I think alot of people are misinterpreting the OP

He goes to school and works 2 jobs, and his homies call em at midnight when he just got off work, and is tired as fuck.

Then they call him 2 minutes later and leave an angry message on his machine, simply because he didn't chat with them when he wanted to hit the sack.

Thats not him being a douche, thats his friends being inconsiderate.

If i called any of my buds at 12:00 on a work night, i'd expect to get a rude response, because thats just being kinda rude.

17. Chill dude, I think it was your friend making the infamous drunken phone call. You were a little short because you were trying to relax and he overreacted because he was faded.

I think you're overthinking it. Plan some time to hang out with them but make sure to leave yourself some personal time as well.

While I personally wouldn't want to quit smoking pot to join the military, I have friends who have done it and I respect them for it.

18. say this to them

fuck you i have 2 jobs im gonna be successful ,!,, middle finger to the face biaatch

19. I try not to be a dick though, i dont like being that guy. I mean like, me being busy and shit and only seeing them once in a while has never been a problem until now, this kind of shit has taken place for fuckin years now, 2 to be exact.

And i haven't had anything to think, i haven't thought hard about this or nothing. I try calling the guy, he doesn't answer. I try to talk to him on messanger, unresponsive.

Anyways, yeah, i find that sober people are insane, and need to chill and smoke a bowl. lol.

20. oh yea sorry, just like so much people say how much of a pot head i am and i smoke like 2-3 times a week? too bad i get better grades then all of them ahaha

but yea man that sucks good luck with that
    toke on