Friends plant, need some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kancastank, Jul 24, 2012.

1. So my friend acquired this plant a few days ago, and none of us really know much about growing. I've done some basic research, but I'm just a beginner. So he's got it rigged up like this and I've never seen anyone do this before. It gets a good amount of sun where it's hanging. Theres actually two plants, one growin out the top and one out the bottom. He's only watering it when the soil is dry, we don't know the ph of the water but it's filtered from his fridge. I also don't know how far along it is, but any advice or tips would be good. I don't know if it's a good idea to keep it in this harness setup, so let me hear your input

image-51807872.jpg

image-900218390.jpg

image-1911391771.jpg

image-589009498.jpg

2. 1000 likes for the dangling pot, and the shoots that decided to stick out of the side. To be honest, it is usually very difficult and very risky to try to remove it.
    This kind of pot provides very good aeration for the roots, which is essential.
    The plant looks beautiful, just water it with some normal tap water. It's time to water when the pot is light. If the pot is heavy as a bitch then it is not time to water. Keep roots moist, not wet.
    Don't add any nutes because this plant is your first, and because it could be a very sensitive strain. Just let it lives out it's days.
    This should be the only guide you'll need if you don't encounter pests.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

3. Thanks a ton for the feedback man, +rep. My boy didn't even have this plant until 5 days ago so it's mostly someone else's work. So since we don't know any details about the plant, we can't be exactly sure when it's gonna start to flower or show signs of sex. I'm assuming if it was a male it would already show the signs this late in growth, it's fairly big

4. [quote name='"Arcturon"']There's only one way to tell.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/873879-how-tell-whether-your-plants-male-female.html[/quote]

Ya I've been through all of the stickies so I'm pretty familiar with some of this stuff. As long as he doesn't use any nutes then it definitely isn't complicated hahaha. Im actually kinda excited about this plant even tho its not mine because im gonna move into my own space in a few years and will be growing plenty, so it'll be good to see some hands on stuff and not just pics on the Internet. Most I've seen of plants is the clones at dispensaries, so it's gonna sis oil to see this thing progress. Thanks again man

5. No problemo my friend

6. Nice plant you got. Just water it when potsoil becomes dry and you should grow somthing :)

7. [quote name='"Shiskee"']Nice plant you got. Just water it when potsoil becomes dry and you should grow somthing :)[/quote]

Hahaha That's what he's hoping

8. Hey y'all, I figured I'd just post in here instead of making a new thread. I know, especially around this time of year, there are a lot of threads asking when to harvest, and by my judgement it needs at least two weeks, but my friend is trying to chop it next week and im begging him to hold off. I figured I'd run it by some other blades to see what's good.

I've already read the "guide when to harvest" thread and just by reading it I can tell the pistils need way more time to retract. You think it's fair to say 2-2.5 weeks?

image-3528942468.jpg

image-4192723787.jpg

image-3597577110.jpg

9. You could cut in a week, that shit is done. Splendid job man!

10. [quote name='"Arcturon"']You could cut in a week, that shit is done. Splendid job man![/quote]

Hahaha thanks dude it's my friends plant. He literally got it when it was like a month or two in, and just hung it up like that and put tap water in when it needed it. Not much to it, and this shit smells so good. You put your finger on it lightly and it gets a layer of oil on it

11. hey can you take a pic of the underside of the pot....where that crazy branch is growing from....

12. Cool plant man. Never saw one suspended like that. Except for the time I hiked ten plants into the top of a couple trees. But they were tied onto the tree at the very top. Years later I found out a group of local maggots searched every inch of those woods looking for my plants. Dumb muthafuckas never looked up.

13. [quote name='"Numbnutts"']Cool plant man. Never saw one suspended like that. Except for the time I hiked ten plants into the top of a couple trees. But they were tied onto the tree at the very top. Years later I found out a group of local maggots searched every inch of those woods looking for my plants. Dumb muthafuckas never looked up.[/quote]

Dude that's the gnarliest grow I've heard of hahahaha you're a smart fucking dude. But if there in a tree was it hard to get light to them or was it a perfect spot?

And here you go project

image-3521289826.jpg

image-3375396162.jpg