Friend's house burnt down

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Yoke-LS, Dec 12, 2008.

1. The other day my friend who is like a brother to me's house burnt down.

There's nothing left, the whole thing got torched.

He lost all of his possessions, including, among other things, a QP of some dank he picked up that night, and about $3000 in cash he had saved so we could move this summer.

It sucks, thankfully, nobody other than his cats were killed or injured, but it's a shitty situation overall =/

2. Damn that blows dude.

But atleast your only making a thread about the house and not your friend.

3. how'd it start?

4. dam bro, that fuckin sucks, qp of dank.
    wow

5. That sucks. Should have used a bank.

6. ok all of his possesions were destroyed including his cats and your worried about the weed. if you wernt joking you need to straighten your priorities:(

7. ^ WRONG!
    say I have 4 cats, and 4 ounces. guess which im keeping. :devious:

8. I was going to say, it's unwise to keep such a large amount of money lying around.

9. Dude that sucks...

Poor cats...burned alive... i would rather keep 4 cats then 4 ounces ...i can always get money another time.

Fucking morals huh?

10. I've heard of momma cat rescuing her babies in a fire one at a time.

On a serious note, he wasn't caught in it was he?

I had a friends fraternity burn down after a long party. Everyone was drunk, one kid died, and another would have if a football player didn't carry one guy out while he was shit faced. Like everyone was puke drunk, so people were lucky to just wake up! My friend has described it to me over a blunt before, it sounded like the worst thing in the world; very emotional.

He told me about the firefighters and how well prepared they were. It's insane what they can do.

11. You best be joking, boy.

12. Well I consider pets part of the family, I don't' consider the possessions. The weed was a fiscal loss, but that's no big deal. I feel really bad about the cats though :( R.I.P Cannabis, Joker, ODB Jr., and Roscoe

To answer other questions, it was started by a wood stove, he and his brother got out through his window.

13. I had a buddy of mine who was in the same boat as your friend. It was pretty depressing and I'm sorry to hear your friend has to go through that. At least it wasn't him in there.

14. i dont care much for cats so i'd take the 4 oz. now if it was 4 dogs on the other hand

15. Thanks man. yeah, I'm grateful it's not as bad as it could be.

16. Did he at least have house insurance? If not then ... damn.

17. I don't think he did. It was such a shitty little place, and I don't think his dad would spend the money on it...

18. sorry about your friend man. the only important thing is that no humans got hurt. i'm also sorry about the cats. i love animals. :(