Friends get upset that I'm busy?

Discussion in 'General' started by @starliftedsky, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys! I've read a lot of great threads here regarding weed & friendship, so I'm finally making my first post!:smoke: So, I thought I'd ask a question about friendship. Also: I just put this post in general because I thought it fit better here than with sex & relationships, but correct me if there's a better place to put it:coffee:
    Anyways, so I have 2 friends in particular who always plans last minute, but get upset when I tell them I'm already busy. I don't have much free time, I'm 18 graduating high school this year while taking college classes to get my AA. I have a lot of friends and am trying to find work as well, so I'm not always going to be free to have friends drop by or hang out. Even today, one of my friends wasn't doing anything and wanted me to drop off her boots. However, I was 30 minutes away from home job hunting and I had plans later that day to see a movie with a group of friends. I always respect when she's busy and wait for her to get back to me, but when she's bored she expects me to see her whenever.
    How do you deal with friends who demand your time like this?:blink:

2. This reminds me of another member whose only posts were about her 'friends' avoiding her.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They've got to realize you have a life and they need to get one too.

4. Just quit hanging out with them all together .

• Like Like x 1
  5. They don't sound like very good friends. Maybe you can talk to them and tell them how you feel. If you get a shit response then I'd say you have a decision to make about your friendship.

6. Do they get pissed or say stuff? I mean it's just like yo I'm sorry I'm not home, what do you want me to do. Now, if she's been bugging you for a while to return the boots, then make time to return them.

7. This problem is only temporary. Once you have a job and a couple of kids to keep track of this problem will go away.