Friend Zones

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by RubyMini, Feb 29, 2012.

1. We all know that they can be a bitch. I for one am stuck in one at the moment. How many of you guys have been in the friend zone before and gotten out of it? How many have tried to get out but failed? Does anyone think its just impossible even though its never been a problem for them or maybe, it can be done despite no problems with this in the past?

2. i think it can be possible. but it isnt something that will happen suddenly. thats why you need to take it slow and give it time so its up to the person whether its worth even trying.

3. yeah, but youd have to cut contact with said female for a year or 2, then start over the right way

4. Just gave the girl I've loved since high school a letter telling her exactly how I feel.
    In short she said it was the most romantic gesture shes ever received but she never thought of me that way. I did get a "Maybe someday" but I'm not holding out. The friend zone is real and it blows...

5. Keeping it real helps

Liquor helps people keep it real.

6. I got out after like 4.5 years

7. Ahh the friend zone.

I dont even bother with it anymore.

Tried getting out, didnt work.

If i get friend zoned now, i just leave. Fuck that.

8. I don't see what's wrong with a friendzone. I might just be some chode, but having a female friend has its benefits too.

Do you know how easy it is to pickup chicks having a wingwoman. Plus most of the time she will introduce you to her hot friends

9. It could be a bitch sometimes. But you really gotta find out if you're even in the friend zone in the first place. I see a lot of guys automatically put themself in the friend zone cause they are too pansy to chase what they want. I've been there before, but I have also gotten out of it rather easily.

10. I was put into the "friend-zone" for the first time the other day. Man it sucks. However, I think it is possible to claw your way out of it, but it really depends why you were put in there in the first place.

For example if she finds you physically unattractive then i think it would be very difficult, but if you were put in the friend-zone because of bad timing or you werent alpha enough for her. You can get out by distancing yourself for a while then starting again.

11. Here's the thing, you don't get too close enough to let them see you as just a friend. You need to be seen as a distant acquaintance. When you get too familiar with a girl, you remove a lot of the mystery. If you want to gain ground with a girl, never start out as being a friend. Make your intentions known. If you want a relationship, then say so as soon as possible.

A friendship can develop within the context of a relationship.

It is possible to get out of the friend zone, I've done it several times. Then again, I wasn't extremely close with these females either. If you see each other pretty much every day and you don't spark any sexual interest in her, then she starts to see you as an asexual human being who possible couldn't have any desire in her or any females period.

Like I said, the main intention is letting your intentions be known. Tell her you want to take her out somewhere, a very casual interaction, nothing high risk. Coffee, a movie, some activity going on in your school or city. Something. Something that puts pressure on her to accept or reject your advances. By doing out of context interactions, you are letting her see a side of you that you wouldn't show around you friends. This is what relationships are all about, showing hidden sides to your significant other.

There's nothing "alpha" about getting out of the friend zone. "Alpha" males just tend to be more forward and know what they want out of life. And females. You have to not be afraid of being male. Be forward. Never, ever, ever let feelings bottle up. Or else you'll be sorry.

This alpha vs. beta bullshit needs to end because any man can get what they want as long as they are direct about it.

If she's not receptive, then fuck it. There's millions of women out there.

12. she definitely sees me as a sexual being and texted me four times today but under my roommates guidance i decided to just not reply... i guess it's all about the mind fuck :confused_2::confused_2:

13. why wouldnt you reply????????????

14. If you get too interested in a girl, admit you like her, and let her have you... you lose. You are then at a dis-advantage, and will never keep her.

15. True, true, true, true, true. Happened to me, she liked me when i didnt care about her, started trying to get her, tried too hard. BAM friend-zoned.

16. basically like ten days ago she told me that she didn't want to lead me on and that is why she didn't want to let me take her out to dinner, or watch a movie, or do whatever it was that i was trying to do with her at the time. since then, she has hit me up everyday to hang out and has usually done so by the time i have gotten up.... im a late sleeper. so my roommates figured that maybe i shouldn't hang out with her when i got upset about this text

"Want to go to the bar with me tonight?"

why would i get mad about that you ask? because what she really means is, "want to go to the bar with me and all of the rest of the people we know?"

she just phrases questions in a flirty way and has for quite awhile only to find out that she wants to do things that friends do,,,, like homework, group board games, bar nights with 12 people or anything along the lines of shear group activity.

17. i also feel like this guy may be right

18. Ignore her

19. I know this one girl that I know for sure friend zoned me, but our hangouts are weird. We have nice dinners with deep conversations, go to movies and get pretty close just not exactly cuddling but really rubbing up on each other, movies at my place where we also get really close, she touches my arms and body a lot.

She has a boyfriend and mentioned him a few times, been dating for 6 months and stuff seems pretty solid with them.

Maybe she thinks im gay :/

20. Why are you still wasting your time with her then?