Friend Wont Leave Me Alone

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CLOUDSOVERCANADA420, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Hey guys , I have a friend that is really anti- weed, He says anyone who smokes weed will automatically be unsuccessful, He is really smart so i don't understand how he thinks people who enjoy the herb every once and a while have a lesser chance at being successful than someone who doest use.I like him as a person but now this is all that he seems to talk about, He always comments on how I'm ruining my life and soon it will be too late and all ill do is get high and have no ambition , any advice or posts that are based on facts that you can link me too he will not listen to anything that is a report only hard truth , and anyone who views themselves as success full, post why they think you are successful, Thanks a lot guys   :gc_rocks:

2. Send him a list of successful people who have smoked. 
    Also, why does he care? It's not his business. He should worry about himself, and not others. It's not like your doing hard drugs so he shouldn't be worrying.

3. Thanks for the reply, He said that all the lists on successful people are based on reports and no one has admitted to doing it, he thinks  there all fake.I know this sounds stupid but I could probably do hard drugs and it would look the same in his eyes. 

4. If he's unwilling to be reasonable and hear opposing evidence, I would just tell him to stop bringing it up because nothing's going to change from him nagging about it. If he doesn't; hang out with him less I guess. It's shitty to lose a friend over weed I'm sure but if that's all he talks about he doesn't sound like a very fun person to be around anyway. Good luck.

5. this is why you shouldnt tell ppl that you smoke unless you know they do it too or they're cool with it. weed smokers have a certain stigma around them. ppl like to judge and shit

6. aaaaand this is why none of my friends know I smoke and stuff.

7. "Fuck off". Usually works for me.

8. He's obviously not very smart.  Tell him he's wrong and he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

9. Walk up to him with a boner out painted green and say "smoke on this, bitch"

Now if that doesn't help your situation then I'm at at loss for ideas.

10. seems like your friend has a massive ego

11. Clearly his mind has been made up and nothing you do or say will change that. Become "successful" yourself and he'd still make up some excuse just to be "right". Your friend has become arrogant to the point where he thinks he knows everything. Well, there's always more to learn.

12. #12 Michael, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    What da fuck lol

Dats just gay

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Bake pot brownies n give him one. Now no one can be successful.

14. Hang out with him one day high as hell, should be fun

15. Don't even bother. Just tell him to fuck off and mind his own business. Then call him up and laugh at him in twenty years, when you've got your own business.

16. Bill Gates
    Steve Jobs
    Owner of CNN
    Bill Murray
    Jack Johnson
    Me
    My Mum
    My Brother
    Shall I go on?

17. #17 wuidd420, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Lol just don't be friends with him. If he's a total asshole about something as trivial as smoking weed then he is probably real butthurt about a lot of other things too. Which means he's probably just a jackass. 

18. Try....[​IMG]

Michael Phelps, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Obama, various other highly regarded people have all admitted to having used marijuana... even if they "didn't inhale"  :rolleyes:

If all else fails look up some actual research studies to show him, and see that it doesn't impact a persons life like he believes at all. Since you asked here is some information to get you started.

"Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year."
    -Source: US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition" (Docket #86-22), September 6, 1988, p. 56-57.

You may also know... "Cannabis is classified as a Schedule I drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 and is deemed to have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical uses. As such, it prohibits the possession, usage, purchase, sale, and/or cultivation of marijuana."

and yet... "The Food and Drug Administration in 1985 approved Marinol, a prescription pill of marijuana's active ingredient, T.H.C... Although a few small-scale studies done decades ago suggest that smoked marijuana may prove effective when Marinol does not, no conclusive research has confirmed this finding."

" DOES PROHIBITION CAUSE THE "GATEWAY EFFECT"?): U.S. and Dutch researchers, supported in part by NIDA, compared marijuana users in San Francisco, where non-medical use remains illegal, to Amsterdam, where adults may possess and purchase small amounts of marijuana from regulated businesses. Looking at such parameters as frequency and quantity of use and age at onset of use, they found no differences except one: Lifetime use of hard drugs was significantly lower in Amsterdam, with its "tolerant" marijuana policies. For example, lifetime crack cocaine use was 4.5 times higher in San Francisco than Amsterdam.
    Reinarman, C, Cohen, PDA, and Kaal, HL. The Limited Relevance of Drug Policy: Cannabis in Amsterdam and San Francisco. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 94, No. 5. May 2004. p. 836-842.

MARIJUANA USE HAS NO EFFECT ON MORTALITY:
    A massive study of California HMO members funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) found marijuana use caused no significant increase in mortality. Tobacco use was associated with increased risk of death.
    Sidney, S et al. Marijuana Use and Mortality. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 87 No. 4, April 1997. p. 585-590. Sept. 2002.

HEAVY MARIJUANA USE AS A YOUNG ADULT WON'T RUIN YOUR LIFE:
    Veterans Affairs scientists looked at whether heavy marijuana use as a young adult caused long-term problems later, studying identical twins in which one twin had been a heavy marijuana user for a year or longer but had stopped at least one month before the study, while the second twin had used marijuana no more than five times ever. Marijuana use had no significant impact on physical or mental health care utilization, health-related quality of life, or current socio-demographic characteristics. 
    Does Marijuana Use Have Residual Adverse Effects on Self-Reported Health Measures, Socio-Demographics or Quality of Life? A Monozygotic Co-Twin Control Study in Men. Addiction. Vol. 97 No. 9. p.1083-1086. Sept. 1997

OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER:
    Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice's lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids.
    Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.

OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER:
    In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, "in a dose-dependent manner" (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors).
    NTP Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans- Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F Mice, Gavage Studies. See also, "Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer," AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997.

OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER :
    Researchers at the Kaiser-Permanente HMO, funded by NIDA, followed 65,000 patients for nearly a decade, comparing cancer rates among non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and marijuana smokers. Tobacco smokers had massively higher rates of lung cancer and other cancers. Marijuana smokers who didn't also use tobacco had no increase in risk of tobacco-related cancers or of cancer risk overall. In fact their rates of lung and most other cancers were slightly lower than non-smokers, though the difference did not reach statistical significance.
    Sidney, S. et al. Marijuana Use and Cancer Incidence (California, United States). Cancer Causes and Control. Vol. 8. Sept. 1997, p. 722-728."

(And many more studies out there, I have a few more if you need, and Granny Stormcrow has a wonderful list)

Or maybe you have the type of friend that would listen more if it came straight from the government? Well they have funded quite a few, even a few of those above and when they find things that conflict with the image they want to give marijuana they try to quiet the studies as much as possible.

“As the National Institute on Drug Abuse, our focus is primarily on the negative consequences of marijuana use,” said Shirley Simson, a spokeswoman for the drug abuse institute, known as NIDA. “We generally do not fund research focused on the potential beneficial medical effects of marijuana.”

What is all this resentment towards the drug causing?
    Try billions of dollars, and thousands of lives...

"Why $42 billion? Because that's what our current marijuana laws cost American taxpayers each year, according to a new study by researcher Jon Gettman, Ph.D. -- $10.7 billion in direct law enforcement costs, and $31.1 billion in lost tax revenues. And that may be an underestimate, at least on the law enforcement side, since Gettman made his calculations before the FBI released its latest arrest statistics in late September. The new FBI stats show an all-time record 829,627 marijuana arrests in 2006, 43,000 more than in 2005.
    <div> 
    That's like arresting every man, woman and child in the state of North Dakota plus every man, woman, and child in Des Moines, Iowa on marijuana charges ... every year. Arrests for marijuana possession -- not sales or trafficking, just possession -- totaled 738,916. By comparison, there were 611,523 arrests last year for all violent crimes combined."

And deaths in Mexico alone:
    "A total of 34,612 people have died in drug-related killings in Mexico in the four years since Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared an offensive against drug cartels, officials said Wednesday.

The killings reached their highest level in 2010, jumping by almost 60 percent to 15,273 deaths from 9,616 the previous year. Over 30 thousand execution style, and 3 + thousand in gang shootouts.
    - Huffington Post   - Mexican president calderon"

Your friend doesn't have to smoke, but he shouldn't turn a blind eye towards the facts either.  Marijuana has some legitimate health benefits, probably won't tear your life apart, and doesn't mean you won't succeed despite what the government would prefer people to believe.

:smoking:  :cool:

</div>

19. If I had a friend that would tell me I was throwing my life away just because of weed I would strait up tell him to fuck off...

20. i own a succesful pawnshop/tv show and i blaze daily