friend with a heart problem?

Discussion in 'General' started by tghost, Jan 16, 2010.

1. So I've got a friend who is planning on smoking for his first time this weekend with me. He was born with half of his heart somehow. I'm clueless on the specifics of it all, but from what I know, he can function pretty much normally, but he's supposed to stay away from stuff like playing football, or other "rough" kind of things. I also know that he's on some kind of medication for it. Well he was a bit worried about the effects that weed might have on his heart. (Beating too fast, etc.) I wasn't quite sure, and I don't want him having a problem with his heart or anything. I'm pretty sure that the pills he takes are some sort of cannabis related medication. I've read about medical marijuana pills that don't actually have any effects, and that might be what they are.

He's been drunk before and not had any problems, but I was just curious if based on what you can tell about his condition, if he might have any problems smoking. I told him maybe we should just take it really slowly at first, like one hit and then wait for a little to see how he's doing. I just wanted to know if you guys have any input on the situation.:smoke:

2. I had open heart when I was 4 and I started smoking weed recently and don't have any issues, but for his particular case I wouldn't recommend it honestly. Do what you said though and take it slow. Let him have a couple big hits and see what happens, he SHOULD be alright but as I said, given his particular condition it might not be a good idea. I still have a full heart with various small holes in it so it's a different situation for me.

3. Thanks for the info. Yeah I think we'll probably just have him take a hit or two, chill for a little, then see how he's feeling. I don't want him to have a heart attack or anything.:wave:

4. Hmmm, I don't want to say "yes"... but hey, weed never killed anyone, so maybe uh... you could start slow... like, real slow. Twist up a joint or something.

I hope he gets to experience the wonder of cannabis, dude. Good luck to you both.

5. I don't think I notice my heart really speed up or anything but that's just me. His heart has to work VERY hard which is something you both have to realize. I thought I had it rough but half a heart makes it 2x more rough than I have it.

His heart will speed up and beat harder from holding the hits in, that's what I've noticed with my heart issues, is when I'm holding in is when it will pump harder.

It's a serious issue and a good question, if anything goes wrong I'm sure you know what to do.

6. honestly no, i wouldnt risk it

the first time i smoked i had a sorta anxiety attack and it felt like my heart was beating extremely fast..

just doesnt sound good reading your post and knowin what happened my first time

7. Ok. Thanks you guys, all feedback is appreciated. I think I'm going to tell him that I'm not sure what will happen and that its up to him if he still wants to try it or not.:)

8. That would be the best way to approach this.

9. I have aheart condit too but not as bad as your boys. I'd say go for it, just not alot. It will def speed up his a heart a lil but nothin major(for me, or anybody else fo that matter) nd he'll be faded:smoke:

I say go for it:cool:

10. yes. i would give him 1 hit and tell him to sit back chill, and focus on his breathing.

deep breathes in and out, to calm him down and bring in sufficent amounts of oxygen, whilst he is blazzzedisst:smoke:

11. i probably wouldn't risk it.
    he should just take it up with his doctor, though...