Friend wants to get me a vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jduce2412, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Long story short, I suffer from panic disorder so my friend wants to get me a portable vape. She had suggested she wants to get the Pax by Ploom, but was wondering if I preferred anything to that or if I knew of a better one for a similar price. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Just some background, I smoke around 1 gram per day, usually out of a dry pipe, bubbler, or my 64 slit chandelier downstem phire.. any advice would be greatly appreciated:wave:

2. The Pax has a huge bowl that can hold .4g's, but it's a conduction vape and has some known problems. Take a look at the Arizer Solo, Inhalater, and Pinnacle by VaporBlunt those are all convection vapes. :smoking:

3. are the known problems more extensive than the potentiality for the mouth piece to stick and the chamber cover to pop off if dropped or w/e?

4. The pax is pricey for a flawed device. I'd get a inhalter xp if u wanna spend 250 but if you new to vaping just get a cheaper vape. The magic flight box and the puffit are under 200 and get the job certainty Done

5. Pax is the most stealth but because it's conduction the bud smells a bit more. It also needs to be cleaned quiet often. I own the pax and I would say get a convection vape. I have the extreme q and it's crazy how great it is. To bad it's not portable

6. Wait , "she" as in she and not he suggested???!?!

7. It depends on what you want most. For me portability and stealth were the most important but I still wanted good vapor and the Pax works great. I clean it once a week with dentek brush, pipe cleaner, 3 q tips and Iso alcohol and it works great.

I would definitely recommend vaping. The smell is very light and gone in minutes and it doesn't make your chest hurt and fuck your lungs up. I run 2 miles every day and it hasn't hampered me at all. It also gets you f'n high as fuck

8. Yeah she is planning on getting me a portable vape. :wave:

What setting do you have it on to get a cloud and what iso% do you use. I've heard you have to clean it often, but from what i've read about every vape is that if you don't clean it, it'll cause you problems. Would you say it's a lot of work to clean it or just something you need to make a habit of? and i've heard the chamber size is anywhere from .2 g to .4g....any clarification on that would help.

Have thought about the MFLB, would those that use it say that it gets them equally as high/medicated as say a bong?

9. I think the MFLB is wonderful. If you smoke a lot everyday, you can build a tolerance. BUT I use it once every single night, and it gets me there for sure.

10. This is a nice ass friend lol

11. Not sure how good it works but in the shop their is one that looks just like an inhaler. Shit is pretty sneaky

12. is this the one you're talking about
    [​IMG]

13. If stealth isn't too much of a concern I've heard great things from the arizer solo. It's a convection ,so herbs are more evenly extracted and the maintenance needed seems low. and it's cheaper

14. You may also want to check out the DaVinci Ascent due out in a few weeks.

15. Yeah that's it

16. If you want to get a good cloud you need to pack the chamber pretty full (about .4g or close to it) and have it ground up decently. I have different ways I'll use it: sometimes I'll set it on medium and do a quick session of 4-5 hits to get high then hours later or the next day set it on high and get another 10-15 hits off it (without adding any more). One thing I'll also do at times is save some abv and if I don't want to pack a whole lot of new bud I'll empty the oven then pack about .2g of new bud into the bottom of the oven and pack the top with abv to make it full. I seem to be able to get about 10-15 good hits like that.

I just got 70% Iso and the dentek brushes from Target along with the q tips and pipe cleaners. It takes me about 15 min to clean but I'm OCD with that shit. I love cleaning it since I love a freshly cleaned vape so I don't mind at all. If you aren't as detailed as me you can probably clean it in 5 min easily. Depending on how much you vape (I do it about 5 sessions a week at most) cleaning it once a week should do the trick.

17. With the pax if I'm trying to conserve bud I'll just put enough to cover the screen. Start on orange and Finnish and you'll be surprised how baked you get. My favorite is keif bowls out of the pax, but it clogs it up so be sure to clean right after.

The cleaning takes at most 5 minutes and that's cleaning to new. I would recommend cleaning every gram you vape if possible. Don't forget to use food safe lube also

18. #18 lwien, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Is KY food safe lube?

I've never heard of food safe lube. Never thought about lubing my food before.

Guess you could get it here:

[​IMG]

19. [quote name='"lwien"']

Is KY food safe lube?

I've never heard of food safe lube. Never thought about lubing my food before.

Guess you could get it here:

[/quote]

I happen to work at a place that serves food and we have to use food safe lube. Meaning you can eat that shit if you want and you won't die, or go retarded haha

And yeah you can call it food safe lube. We use mineral oil

20. so Da Vinci Ascent or Pax. Opinions?