Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

friend vomiting from smoking too much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by snarf, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hey, whats up everyone?

I wouldnt say im new to smoking, as i have been for almost 2 years. But i havent really started to talk to people about it until recently.

Anyways,
    I worked tonight with my friend Chris and invited him over to smoke some bud after work. He agrees and keeps saying he hasnt smoked in a while. I just got some really dank shit too. So we go into my garage and take 5 bong hits each. They were good sized hits.

After that, he said he had really bad cotton mouth and didnt feel well. Then he throws up. So i get him some water and tell him to come inside my house and chill. About 2 minutes after getting in, he pukes again.

Is it possible to get sick from smoking too much?

2. Yes it is. My friends and I call it "the fear". I've had "the fear" a few times myself. 5 hits of dank might have been overkill if he hasn't smoked in a while lol.

3. When you get that high thats more than possible. I've been so high that I felt like I was going to throw up and the whole room was spinning, but I did my best to keep my mind without tweaking out. Went and laid down to decrease my heart rate and went to bed.

4. Alcohol beforehand is the clincher for me. Only had this happen a couple of times to learn my lesson. If you're already drunk, don't try and get high. It usually doesn't work out so well, and the time warp issues when baked make throwing up an hour-long Olympic event. :eek:

5. Yeah can be done. We call it a whitey (because people tend to go white in the face). Though you can have a whitey without being sick. Mixing alcohol with MJ can cause one, or just smoking too much too quickly without enough tolerance. Sounds like it was the second one. Don't let it put him off; it's a rarity if you learn to handle your shit.

6. Yeah, he didnt have anything alcoholic to drink...he was just saying absolutely nothing and didnt move. Then he just vomited like 3 times. weird

7. ill bet ya 10 bucks he is swallowing part of hit hits, same thing happened to my friend cause he would try and take such a massive hit some ended up getting swallowed coughin it out i would guess, but if you start feeling sick right after smoking, start burpin dude, ive burped out smoke countless times when accidentally hiccupin or shit when hittin it. Ive also seen that same friend hit a bong, then like maybe 20 seconds later go to puke and a cloud of smoke came out with it.... fucking nasty shit

8. In my opinion throwing up from smoking too much weed is mental. Calm yourself down, remind yourself that you're fine. I've been as high as I think I will ever be and it can be scary but not if you understand that you will be fine.

9. your buddy greened out. i've never, ever greened out before, however i have on hash. this is normal, he's just super stoned. after you puke, you'll begin to feel more comfortable. going to sleep is also a good idea.

10. 5 big rips of dank would put me on my ass, and if my tolerance were lower then it might make me sick. You can definitely overdo it with pot- respect the plant and it will treat you right!

11. Happened to me, the first time I smoked a backwoods. :cool:

12. Lol haven't we all had a case of the fear before

13. hiccuping on the carousel at the circus-circus

14. "A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip."i love that shit

15. Yeah, it's a whitey in the UK. Had a few myself, but only when I'm drunk and/or it's strong shit.

16. its called greening out.

17. yeah its happened to me before. big hits lead to coughing which can lead to gagging. and then obviously throwing up sometimes.

18. Only ever happens to me when I'm drinking heavily before I smoke. I can smoke endless amounts and not puke. However, get sleepy and knock out definitely.:p

19. yup... when I started out, I puked every time I smoked. Realized it was because I was usually drunk... Then this last time I bought weed, the first night, I got super blazed and wasn't drunk, but it had been so long since I had smoked, I puked HARD CORE, passed out in my bathroom on the floor... Not a good night.

20. I've thrown up a handful of times when I've been smoking. Most of the time the reason was from eating recently and taking much too big of a hit. Coughing lead to gagging which made me lose whatever I had eaten before.

It sucks, but LOL if you smoke another bowl afterward you feel complete bliss.