Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend stops smoking weed because flash backs?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JBright, Sep 11, 2012.

1. #1 JBright, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    My friend told me the reason he quit weed was because he kept having flash backs when he use to do (edit removed drug names) other drugs, alot of psychoactive drugs he said

Does that happen, or only because he was on all that stuff?

2. I could see it being possible if he smoked a lot of weed during his trips. Tell him to give it a few months along with some daily exercise to help re-align his brain out of the anxiety then try it again, I've had a similar experience with LSD and this is what worked for me.

3. Isnt flashbacks a side effect of takin' those trips?

4. Yes but flashbacks themselves are caused by your brain suddenly making some connection to a prior trip, ie smoking weed

5. it doesnt happen just from weed

6. It gets a lot more technical than that, but smoking weed could trigger flashbacks if he did enough hallucinogens.

7. mary jane is a mild hallucinogen.
    it has hallucinogenic properties not alot

8. i love tracers :D

9. I've had a few... trips... I do get sometimes what one might call flashbacks, but they're nothing but mellow, and really quite impressive when I'm sober or only weed triggers them. Haven't had any recently though. Haven't tripped since mid summer.

I don't see how free hallucinations would stop one from smoking weed though -_-

10. #10 TokinUp, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    In order to have flashbacks dont you have to have something to flashback to? Has anybody had flashbacks from just weed without doing other things and what do they feel like?

11. for some people.. myself included, once you do a shitload of hallucinogens they stop being fun... they get more on the anxiety side than anything :(

12. yup... its like getting wayy too high off ganja with like half of it feeling like the hallucinogen you did (in my case lsd)

13. I dunno how I feel about calling mine flashbacks though, what people describe as flashbacks sound more intense than what I experience. The way I see it for myself, is due to (unmentionable) being one of the most unique experiences one can endure, it permanently allows my imagination to conjure up similar emotions and feelings at times. But it's not scary, nor like I took doses. More like having a daydream then snapping out.