Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend keeps passing out after smoking

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Fedor, Apr 23, 2011.

1. I have a buddy who has passed out after smoking a few times now. He has a heart problem, I believe an irregular heart beat that was diagnosed after the first time he fainted from smoking. Well last night one of my buds was smoking with him and he passed out again, although this time he had something to drink as well, although he only drank one beer and one shot of rum before he fainted. My friend thinks it could be blood pressure issues but what could be some potential causes of him fainting? This kid is a daily smoker and has passed out 3-4 times but I'm concerned b/c he hasn't graduated from high school yet and I'm worried about him passing out and hitting his hear or something if he falls and I don't wanna be with him at the time if something does happen. Thanks

2. I'm glad you're concerned about your friends well being and safety. However, this is something he should consult a medical professional for. It is possible to "green out" though I've never seen anyone faint or pass out personally.

3. Alright thanks for your input, was just wondering if anybody else had any experience with this. I suspect it is his heart problems or he may just be one of those people who shouldn't be smoking in the first place

4. If they are passing out after smoking you are either smoking some cracking dope or he needs to see a doctor & stop smoking until then :smoke:

5. #5 tharedhead, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
    He should stop smoking and speak with his physician.

I think if I was passing out whenever I did something I would probably stop, although some folks do like to live dangerously.
    Is he fully unconscious? Like...

6. One time he passed out at my house and was unconscious for 5-6 seconds on the ground before he came to when he was only smoking, and we didn't smoke a giant amount of bud either.
    He passed out again two nights ago at one of my buddies house after smoking a couple big sized bowls from a bong and drinking a minimal amount(one beer and a small shot) and was unconcsious for around 30 seconds. He woke up and didn't know what he was doing on the ground, or how he got there. He fell backwards when this happened so our worry is that one day he may fall backwards when there is nobody there to catch him (last night he got caught before he hit the ground) and hit his head. Well he took off after that after assuring us he was good to drive which we figured he was since he wasn't drunk. We told him to call us when he got home, which was about a 20 minute drive. Well fast forward 1 and a half hours he finally calls us saying he pulled over a few times on the way home. He didn't say why but we figured he did it to collect himself or something. And I agree that he should stop smoking

7. Fainting: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

8. I'd do what the one poster did phone 911 dude.

9. My guess would be either blood sugar, or blood pressure. Either way, he NEEDS to see a doctor ASAP! Make sure he goes!

Granny :wave:

10. You have to be under 18 smokin wit a 13yr old...