Friend is trying to hook me up with a girl?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Jeffersong808, Feb 10, 2017.

1. He is trying to hook me up with a girl(his girlfriend's friend).
    She is from the same state as me (Hawaii).

He showed me a picture and she was cute.. He said she wants to meet me.

But I'm not good at talking to girls, haven't had a girlfriend in years. I'm very shy and will probably be awkward if I meet her.

Has this ever happened to you? And what should I do?

2. Dude, you should absolutely go meet her. Your friend has already sounded her out to see whether she is into it or not, the hard part's already out the way.

Just meet up, have a few drinks and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 OrganicSamurai, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Key phrase here " She want's to meet me". She has already seen your picture my brother and is obviously already attracted to you. So all you gotta do is be yourself and act casual man. No need to stress or be worried. She is probably more worried about the meeting than you are.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. You're probably going to get laid if you hang out with her. GET SOME!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Read my signature.

Drink While Ya Think.

Sip a couple Heineken's before heading out the door, keep a flask on hand.

Remember: If you're thinking... you can't stop drinking.

Trust me, it'll (maybe) work.

OH and DON'T smoke bud beforehand. Sometimes I feel like I'm a socially awkward guy but I realize I'm just stoned off my ass every time I try to talk to people. I've been taking a little mini cut back on my consumption and it's helped a lot ;).

6. try jerking off before you meet her. That will make you think less creepy things you would do to her when you have her down there in the cellar.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. rep, doing some yard work beforehand (trimming the hedges and whacking the weed) turns your ordinary "Amateur Hour" into Fabio Lanzoni. No lie

• Like Like x 1
  8. It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. :ninja:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. As a female, I wouldn't advise showing up to a date really buzzed or drunk or taking a flask on a date. If a guy did that on a date with me, there wouldn't be a second date. I would be wondering if he was more concerned about getting drunk or learning about me. I would definitely go. Your friend has done one of the hard parts, the initial rejection based on appearance. And like someone else said she is probably equally nervous. How many people have been on a first date and not been nervous? Go, be yourself, have fun and if nothing comes of it and least you got some dating practice in. But what IF you guys do it hit off. Good times are headed your way. That's my two cents.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I was just playin :(
    I've only showed up drunk to FWB scenarios but trust me it was O.K. with them

11. A real girl o my... If you need help I can come show you how to handle her ,I have been known as quiet the"ladiez man"

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 GeorgeMcFly, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    I don't see what the problem is here?

Then again I don't see what the problem/point of most of your threads are.

• Like Like x 3
  13. you should meet her and talk to her and see if it goes anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  14. Be careful. The last time I let a friend hook me up with his girlfriend's friend, I got stuck with her for over 45 years now!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Even if it ended up being a little awkward so what? You also have the chance of having a good time with someone and if she wants to meet you I am sure she is nervous too...Just go out, get to know her and who knows where you guys might end up some day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. As a Man I would never have to ask these questions and never did. As a man I make my own path and set my own trends. My first step of advice is get off the internet your obviously young if your on here asking these questions then my next step would be to start playing hockey or something that will get you in shape and build self esteem. Third step would be to start talking to women or "girls" in person by yourself with no friends present or friends of friends doing the work for you. Just you and a strange girl having conversation about HER.

No joke bro works every time.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Phew, Dr. with some of the things you post there is no telling :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  18. spot on good advice

19. Meet her. Fall in love. Get married, have children, get bored and frustrated with life, have an affair for excitement. Get caught by wife, she divorces you and sues you for alimony take half of everything you have built in your lifetime's empire. Get depressed and commit suicide. OMG this is morbid and should be deleted. Sorry.

• Like Like x 4
  20. I hope that it's not your life story, minus the suicide part, b/c obviously you couldn't reply to the post if had passed away.

• Like Like x 1