Friend is starting to piss me off

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nathan, Jun 14, 2010.

1. So this guy I have been friends with since 3rd grade is annoying the shit out of me. He judges everyone and always talks shit about people to me like some 6th grade girl. Today I went to a fair with him and since he doesn't smoke I smoked before he picked me up. We get there and meet up with 2 other guys and just talk. So eventually we talk about weed and the other guy asks if I want to smoke a blunt. My friend says "he can't" than he says my parents will notice which is bullshit. And since he was my ride home I couldn't ditch him. He always trys to answer questions for me and pisses me off.

He like clings to me too. I saw someone I'm friends with and was about to walk up to and he said "No don't talk to him, I don't like him". I mean wtf this kid is a douche. Anyways we meet up with another guy and 2 girls and just talk for a while and they left to go to someones house and invited us by my friend made some BS reason he couldn't go, but really he didn't want me to smoke. The fucker always says he doesn't care I smoke, but he clearly does.

SO, GC, help me out. I don't know what to do. I kinnda want to tell him to fuck off. I still want to be friends with him but shit, this kid is wreaking my social life.

2. :smoking: Dude, I cant read all of that right now. I'm stoned off my ass.

3. yup i think you answered your own question at the end there.

Just grow a set , and tell your buddy screw off when those situations arrive.

Just from reading what you wrote it sounds like your buddy is in love with you ....literally .

4. OP, slip his some magic brownies. Have a BBQ and set up a hammock for him. When is he peaking give him a burger. My friends did this to me when I wasn't sure about weed yet. I was a little mad they slipped me some tainted food but that madness lasted about .00000000000000000000000000001 seconds and it's been for the better so far.

If no hammock, couch.

5. I don't think getting him high will make him stop acting like a douche. It's not just the weed but so much shit.

6. Tell him your a stoner and if he cant smoke bud with you he should fuck off. thats what i would say.

7. Next time he says something to you about who to talk to or smoking, just say, "Deal with it", an go do your thing.

And yes, it does sound a bit like he's in love with you, no joke.

8. Wow !! nice friends . So they drugged you (via weed) to convince you about weed. Wild!!!

9. True, his personality type actually sounds like he would be more mad than I would if one got high secretly.

Voice record him saying he doesn't care if you smoke and then play it when he gets all pissypants about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I kinnda just want to tell him to fuck himself if this happens again.

11. Well it sounds like you have a choice a friend since 3rd grade who is somewhat of a douche or Mary Jane.

As people grow older they also grow apart. (sometimes)

12. I could care less of his opinion on bud. It's more his personality. Judgmental, someone will ask me something and he will answer it, telling me not to talk to someone because he doesn't like them and just an all around douche bag..

13. He if he doesn't have a good reason for not liking someone, say you don't like him just cause. Then peace out.

14. Lol that's pretty harsh.

PS: I totally gave you the 2nd light green bar.

15. Yea a ton of people who hate smoking just hate it because they never tried it. But I think your friends real problem is that he has no self esteem so he sits around and tears other people down to take eyes off of him. I would drop him as a friend. Gossips piss me off ecause ehind byour ack he's prolly calling you a dumb ass stoner whose gonna end up being a bum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm simply amazed that you can even stand being around this control freak. He's speaking for you as if you're his stepford wife. Has he had a girlfriend yet?

17. Grow some balls man, and I mean that in the most honest way possible.

Dont let him boss you around, and dontpick up his calls for a few days and go chill with other people.

Once this guy cant get a hold of you (if you hang a lot) for a couple days he'll wonder whats up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's too bad that he acts so insecurely. I don't know who but someone already mentioned that he is probably so insecure he is actually ripping on other people in order to make his own shortcomings less noticeable. They also correctly said that he's probably talking shit behind your back while you aren't around. People are like that sometimes, even people we thought we were close to. I had a girlfriend who started acting like that during her phd studies in New York, I found out she had even been talking shit about my family and she even suggested we not ever go back to my families for christmas, but shoud spend all holidays with her family. So I banged a few of her friends and moved to Arizona. I'm happier and on a better track since getting rid of the crap. Sounds like you may need to ditch him for a minute, if he's a real friend he'll pull his head outta his ass and chill out a little.

• Like Like x 1

19. I have had friends do that to me, dont do it. The person may not know how big of a deal it is to you. I didnt know that what I was doing was bothering my friends when they left me as friends.

But that doesnt mean you have to take it. Just call him up and say, listen we need to talk. Tell him how you feel and say, listen, I really want to stay friends with you but this is a big problem. If you dont stop, this friendship will likely end, as I cannot tolerate what you are doing. Give him a warning and let him change, if YOU truly value the friendship. Dont just say you dont appreciate it or that it bothers you, tell him THE FRIENDSHIP WILL END IF THIS CONTINUES. Make sure he knows you are serious, too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dude i have a friend like that..

doesn't smoke ANYTHING, and i'm always high or about to get high. when i want to smoke, i pull out my gear and... :smoking::smoking:

^^BUT if im with him, i cant! we end up doing absolutely nothing each day besides drive around the city..i cant hang with him AND my stoner friends because to him they (or we) are just lazy potheads bla bla.

so i just make sure i do what i want to do each day. not what jake or mark or bob wants me to do.

do what you do