Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

friend got arrested for weed and I think he deserved it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenplastic, Dec 13, 2010.

1. My friend is a speed-o-holic. He drives like an insane bat out of hell ALL THE TIME. I love my friend to death, I would do anything for him and he knows that, but I refuse to step foot in a car with him.

The other day he ran a stop sign and got pulled over. It was around midnight. He smoked earlier in the day in his car, and I guess he consented to search, and got caught with weed.

My boyfriend and he (they're best friends) have been complaining about how "fucked up the system is" since it happened. And I agree! Weed should be legal! Duh! But I can't seem to find a nice way to say, "you were a dumbass and drive like a lunatic and shouldnt have consented to a search OR smoked in your car." All my friends think I'm crazy for being the only one who thinks he had it coming. Am I? Ugh!

Anyway, his court is on Wednesday. He said he only had about 2 grams, and that his ticket said it was a misdemeanor. Is there ANY way he can wind up not getting probation? He seems certain he's not going to get probation... I'm not sure why :confused:

2. If he has priors he might get probation or if they are trying to tag him with a DUID(driving under the influence of drugs) he might get some quality probation time. Young kids are a bunch of stupid shits.

3. most of my friends drive like assholes. I always tell them that if they keep driving like that something bad is going to happen. sooner or later

4. You're not alone!!! One of my girl friends drives pretty... stupidly, I guess you could say. She has so many tickets now that if she ends up getting one more, she will lose her license for a good year or so. You should just tell them how it is, because that is what I do to my good friend that has fucked up so many times.

For some reason, I have a feeling my fried is going to lose her license soon hahzaha.

5. He'll almost certainly get probation. It's pretty much the lowest form of punishment for getting caught with weed.

He didn't necessarily consent to the search... if the cop smelled the weed that is probable cause to conduct the search without consent.

And by the way... NO ONE DESERVES TO GO TO JAIL FOR WEED. I've been.... it sucks. He may deserve to get multiple speeding tickets... but weed should never put you behind bars.

6. Exactly, NO ONE deserves to go to jail for weed.

7. Yeah, I asked my friend, when he smoked in the car, if he had his windows up or down. He said he had them down while he was smoking then rolled them back up when he was done (which made me do a little head-smack). I meant to point that out, that the smell in his car was probably very obvious (another sign of a crappy driver).

He has a lot of tickets too, I know he's gotten at least 6 tickets this year. He missed a court date a month ago for how many tickets he had. Other than having a lot of tickets and missing that court date, he has nothing else on his record.

He is happy that nothing too serious other than probation is gonna happen, and he still doesnt even believe he'll get probation. I almost want him to just to prove that what he did was childish and his denying it is childish too :( he never owns up to his mistakes in driving, he makes me angry!

...I also just started growing my first plant, he's never smoked home grown weed before, he probably wont get to enjoy it with us :(

EDIT: I also STRONGLY agree that no one should go to jail for weed. Ever. End of story. However, for putting other people's lives in danger (cars are infinitely more dangerous than weed!)... he deserves punishment. And if that means no weed for 6 months or something, well... its a crappy punishment but hey!

8. Sadly he deserves it.

He knows the law, and he made the first mistake of smoking in his car, a confined space.

He proceeded to make his second mistake by running a stop sign in said car.

9. sounds more like the system working properly than "fuck the system"

if youre high or transporting drugs, you usually want to avoid suspicion, not bring it upon you.

10. Definitely. I live in Memphis, and half the city is really nice and half of it is ghettttttooooo. And thats where he was of course :rolleyes: in a really nice sports car with tinted windows. Speeding and running a stop sign in the middle of the night with a nice ass car just screams I GOT DRUGS to me. I don't know.

It sucks because my friend, other than his life-threatening driving, is a really really nice guy. He's a vet! :(

11. Hell no your not crazy. I know a dude that drives like a crazy asshole aswell. Its like when the guy i riding dirty he likes to drive even faster and more sporadic....Its so dumb Ive been telling him hes going to get fuked over and hes been lucky he hasnt been caught with scale, large amount of weed, bong, etc....the guy just recently got his FIRST DUI, I have no clue how it's his first, he has been lucky as fuck so far lol. But I feel you OP.