Friend got a DUI last night while I was in the car

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PhunkyPhoenix, Mar 30, 2014.

1. #1 PhunkyPhoenix, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    My buddy and I were out drinking last night at a friends place across town, after going through two 26's of whiskey and vodka my friend's go to grab more booze. They come back with a 26 of 151 rum which in case you don't already know is about 70%. We take some bong rips and end up drinking the 26 at a surprisingly fast rate by taking a bunch of shots and having some mixed drinks. A couple of people are passed out and my good friend is hugging the toilet puking out the demons within.

My friend starts getting too rowdy and ends up stumbling everywhere and ends up flipping some chairs over and knocking picture frames down, one glass picture frame had actually been broken because of him. My buddy says he needs to leave and he starts getting aggressive, I had to split them up and he finally starts cooperating after we talk to him nicely.

We are all absolutely wasted at this point so we stumble outside to his car, start it up and get on our way. He is swerving big time and even went over some curbs so I get him to pull over. We relax for a bit and get on our way, he continues to swerve going down some roads and ends up slowly turning towards the parked cars. We side swipe a van on my side going 40 and we keep on driving, the mirror was smashed clean off and there was damage on the side of the vehicle.

We leave the area and he decides to go in a parking lot to relax for a bit, he rides the curb going into the lot and as soon as we park we hear a police siren behind us. I have an ounce of some high quality bud so I am a bit sketched out but I remain calm. One of the cops opens the driver door and as soon as he set eyes on my friend he says "oh man you are waaasted". I had the ounce of pot in my my boxers but I was complying very well and gave them all of my info. They ended up cuffing my friend for driving under the influence and impounded his car which by the way was his brothers car he was borrowing for the night.

I believe it was karma from when he ended up breaking things at our friends house. Anyway, they ended up letting me walk home which was glorious, I trekked home with the scent of high grade marijuana wafting into my nose through my pants.  :laughing: 

TLDR; Got heavily intoxicated, friend drove under the influence, hit and ran on a vehicle resulting in damage to both vehicles, drove into a parking lot while swerving without knowing a cop was behind us, got pulled over, friend got arrested for DUI, cops let me walk home not knowing I had an ounce of pot in my possession.  :metal: 

2. #2 spitta420, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    You guys are idiots, you or your other friends should never had let you and him drive home. Very immature of you to continue letting him drive noticing all this happening yourself. Then to come on here and act like it's not that big of a deal is ugly. Be smarter next time and you're lucky they didn't smell that oz must be some weak shit noway a officer doesn't smell a fucking oz.

Sent from DEA Headquarters

3. Yup i think the karma is for him drink driving? what an idiot, i hope he gets fucked over how pissed woud ou be if that was your caryou swiped btw? you douchebag

4. him, alcohol..violent...clumsy...arrested...you, peaceful, weed in pants reeking, walks home free...karma...ya... :smoking: 

5. #5 PhunkyPhoenix, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014

Yes, we were being idiots. I think you would be an idiot as well after all of the alcohol we had drank. It is a bit hard to make the right decisions when you're very heavily intoxicated and there is no one around that isn't under the influence. Also, whenever I carry pot around I use a smelly proof bag which makes it virtually impossible to smell, especially while outside otherwise I'm positive it would have turned out different. I'm sure I smelt it while walking home because it was on my person, while I was talking to the cop he wasn't very close.

Don't be calling me a douchebag dude, in case you guys didn't read we had polished off three 26's of hard alcohol and one of the bottles was 70%. I was in rougher shape than the driver himself and I actually had thrown up prior to getting in the vehicle because of how intoxicated I was, it was not within my ability to help the situation, otherwise I would have. 

6. You quoted me as the other dude also. I never said that that other stuff.

Sent from DEA Headquarters

7. Funny story good thing you didn't get your ounce get taken.

Next time don't let him drive drunk!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. That's no excuse, OP.

9. Don't let anybody drive drunk! The cop did your buddy a favor, who knows where you guys would've ended up. A car can easily become a weapon, a friend of mine's family was killed when a drunk driver drove into her family's car. Drunk driving is serious shit.

10. You are so fucking lucky the cop didn't search everyone. Learn the lesson or you will get fucked I promise.

11. #12 kushbar, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
    dam...

12. Could have easily pulled over and soent the night in the car and waited till the next day.

13. I'm in Canada and it gets to around -10 at night at this time of year, otherwise that would have been an option.

14. Have you seen that video where a group of 4 drunk girls are driving, crashed, and 3 of them die? The one who lived was recording it, they were doing 95mph through a neighborhood. Don't do that man.

15. OP, you made a terrible decision by getting into a vehicle with him. Do you care about your life lol? Also you're a bad friend for not tackling your drunk friend and taking his keys away. I don't care how much alcohol you consumed that night, that's not an excuse. I would never let one of my homies drive in that condition.
    Tackle a motherfucker...

16. You really shouldn't have let him drive. I've been almost black-out drunk before many times and stopped friends driving, could be very dangerous. You felt good because you saw it as karma because of him breaking your shit, but what if he'd crashed that car, died, and gave you all serious injuries? Would that be karma?
    Not trying to lecture, you're aware what you did was stupid. You just really need to think of these stuff when drinking man. Glad they cuffed him, who knows what other stupid shit he could have done? Look at this as a lesson not to be so dumb in future I guess. We've all done stupid shit before, drunk or not... Live and learn.

17. #19 Green Waffle, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    OP, you're a douchebag. You seem to care only about yourself by being ecstatic over an oz when your friend is in jail/car impounded. You are the worst friend to even LET him drive and put not only your two lives endanger, but others as well. You both need to get your shit together and I hope he stops being your selfish ass friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #20 whoeverthismaybe, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

"because even jesus doesn't know what to say regarding your stupidity"