Friend cut his fingers off

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by captain zigzag, Jun 8, 2011.

1. So yesterday, I'm chillin with my room mate and we decide to make some drinks and go to the pool in our apartment complex. I call my friend T to see if he wants to join and he says "yeah give me a few minutes though I gotta take care of something". About 30 minutes later he calls and sounds like he's panicking and he says "dude I need a ride to the hospital I fucked myself up and it's really bad" so we say ok we're coming to get you. We're about half way to his place and he calls back and says he couldn't wait anymore and he's driving himself to the hospital. So at this point I'm thinking it can't be too bad if he's able to drive.

A little later his brother calls and says T is in surgery and he asked if we could go to T's apartment and take a couple of his pets in for a few days since T will be in the hospital. T is in vet school and he's got quite a few pets. We asked what happened and his brother said he was cutting a 2x4 with a skil saw and somehow the blade must have slipped because it took two of his fingers off. We get to his apartment and there is blood EVERYWHERE. All over the floor and the carpet. It was sprayed across his tv screen and the walls and the coffee table(he probably turned really quick and flung blood across everything). There was even some blood on his pipe which was on the table. His parents live like an hour away and were on their way to the hospital and we didn't know if they would be coming to his apartment or not. So we fed his fish, made sure his boa had fresh water and the temps/humidity were right and we cleaned up some of the blood. We hid all of his pipes, bongs, etc. and took his big jar of weed back with us to our apartment along with some of his pets. Now my apartment feels like a fucking zoo. I've got 3 parakeets(who all constantly chirp at each other and never shut the fuck up), a huge dog, a snake(mine), and a baby sulcata tortoise. I'm not even supposed to have animals in my apartment so I have to watch for my landlord each time I take the dog out.

This pic is some of the blood on his kitchen floor. It was also all over his kitchen counter and running down the sides of his sink and cabinets. I wish I would've taken more pictures but that's all i got lol. Last I heard, the docs reattached his fingers but they have wait and see if they take and if they do, whether or not he'll have permanent nerve damage so hopefully everything turns out ok.

Attached Files:

2. Wow man, that sounds like so many animals to take care of hahah
    But that blows, ive always liked using power tools, and i always imagine what they can do to the human body when im real baked (everytime i use a jointer i cant help but imagine jointing a finger or hand, it wigs me out haha)... i hope your friend regains the function of those fingers, and i hope it doesnt cost him a fortune...
    I knew of someone in highschool who cut off there ring finger with a band saw! worst part is apparently he went to suck on what he thought was a simple cut, and the finger came off in his mouth!!! haha how fucked is that?

3. smoke his bud! I'm sure he won't mind after all you've done for him haha

4. that's like the least you can do after you cleaned up his BLOOD

5. dont smoke the bud dude... that will maximize the thankfullness and he will owe you and repay you big time ;) (atleast i hope that!) ;) seems like you are good friend to him

6. Yea, I mean, he just lost 2 fingers, smoke his bud, that's what friends do.

7. smoke a little bit of his bud, then tell him you did.

jesus you guys are a bunch of crooks :eek:

8. dude thats even more fucked up than OP's story. Cringed when i read that...

@op: sucks your living in a zoo but still probably better off than your friend right now lol. Do you know if they r gonna be able to reattach his fingers?

9. Nah I won't smoke his bud lol. He's my boy plus I'm sure he'll smoke me out for taking care of all his shit once he gets out the hospital.

10. Yeah the docs reattached them last night but they have wait and see if they take and if he'll have nerve damage

11. Hope your friend it ok even if it takes some time. That stuff does freak me out. a friend of mine almost completely severed a couple fingers on a band saw a couple years back (just hanging on by a bit) but he hast mostly full uses now. And it's supprising how far the blood can spatter. I had an incident with a tuna can wher I nicked the artery and the blood was ALL over the kitchen even from a half inch cut...we were still finding as couple odd spatters a couple days later...still have some perminate nerve damage even after surgery but it's mostly ok. Good luck with all the pets at least he had you to help with them.

12. Why didn't he call 911? I mean shit, that could have saved his fingers!

13. ^ you don't always think right after stuff like that happens

14. your a good fiend for doing all that , dam i hope his fingers take other whise that would realy suck :( i hope he gets better soon

15. nom nom nom

16. that's part of why i thought it couldn't have been that bad. if he was able to drive and he didn't call an ambulance i figured he probably just cut himself with a kitchen knife and needed stitches

as for all the pets, i don't really mind that much except for the birds since they don't ever shut up. but his dog is cool as fuck and the tortoise is really chill so its not that bad. i'm just worried that my landlord will stop by or something haha

17. #18 FuckBeerGetWeed, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No...that would be a dick move

18. #19 justryingtogrow, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Along with what op said, a ride in an ambulance costs upwards of $500 so unless my life was in danger I dont think I would have called either

19. Feed his birds to your snake and tell him they escaped? :confused: