Friend becoming a zombie

Discussion in 'General' started by umop 3pisdn, Apr 19, 2009.

1. My mates and I have smoked pot for the last year or so together and about 2 months ago one of my mates got a job, having to get up at 5 in the morning.

Recently his gotten so boring I don't know what to do. All he wants to do is sit around and smoke pot. Our last few weekend nights have ended in him sitting around somewhere with his head in his hands for an hour before he finally decides to go to bed.

In the morning he'll get out of bed at 5, smoke some pot, go to work, come home, smoke more pot until it's bed time. It was like this before but no where near as bad and he used to want to go out and meet people and shit. But now he can barely even hold a conversation with anyone because he is too tired. Whenever I try "talking" to him about it he doesn't get angry, doesn't agree with me, he hardly reacts in any way. He just basically ignores me and says something stupid which shows he doesn't give a fuck then goes back to putting his head in his hands.

I'm thinking about quitting cigarettes and only smoking pot on the weekend and kind of going my own way about things. Hopefully this will give him motivation to do the same.

What do you guys do about your friends who are lazy lazy stoners?

2. It sounds like he's on more than "pot"...

3. Damn it, man, that sucks. Hey, if he doesn't pull himself together I say you stop hanging out with him. If that doesn't open his eyes, nothing will.

4. Maybe you should ask the guy if he's stressin about something? I mean shit, the guy is coming home everyday sitting smoking weed and going to sleep. sounds like a horrible porcess to me.

5. maybe you should introduce some sativas so he doesnt get burned out I smoke weed before work at work and after work I smoke strains based on my activities I am more social because of weed but maybe your friend is just using weed as a escape from something more meaningful that is deep down and complex I have abused weed when needed it will always be there beyond a girl or a bad friend

6. What's his job? I had a hard ass job once and that's all I did was come home, smoke, watch TV, then goto bed.

7. He works in a factory. I've done the same job before, and it's not easy. And I know he isn't that happy about how his life is at the moment. But no matter how much I try helping him he just doesn't seem to care.

8. Kinda sounds like one of those 'AboveTheInfluence.com' stories :laughing:

But yeah that sucks man, I know some guy a year younger than me, and he always wants to hang round with our group when we blaze. He's a big guy, but he's a lazy mother----- who doesn't even engage with any of our conversations, on almost every occasion he'll just mong out and fall asleep. The only time he will talk is usually just to say "someone roll another joint" or "let's get some food"
    We try and avoid blazing with him nowadays, I mean not to be rude but people like that are kind of embarrassing for the cannabis culture ¬_¬

9. I had a mate exactly the same. At one time he was really fun had a laugh/jokes. Now he just works goes home looks all upset most of the time.

10. I was thinkin the same thing haha. "You're a narcotics agent. I knew it."

11. Anyone who says ditch the guy isn't a real friend. This guy has many problems I use to be the same way. It's very hard going through that type of time and the only thing that will cure it, is indeed time itself.