Friend at work is giving me the cold shoulder??

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SqueezetheGrape, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Ok well to start off, I am new to the town I currently reside in. I am also new to my job. When I first started working here, there is a girl (lets call her Amy) who works with me who is very attractive and I felt like I was getting flirting vibes from her. Although I was getting these vibes, I chose to just let it go and assumed that I was just being delusional. This girl was in a very serious relationship with her boyfriend way before I got here so I didn't think it was the case. But whether she was flirting with me or not she was the coolest person that I worked with and one of the few people I enjoyed talking to. she was always very friendly to me.

Well just last friday a new girl (lets call her kathy) started working with us. We started talking and she was really friendly as well. We were both fairly new so it gave us something to talk about. and she was just all around nice, and it was cool to have another friendly person at my work. Well ever since she started working here I noticed that Amy was barely talking to me. She would usually initiate the conversation and such, but she has not said one word to me, but she is talkative to the other co workers.

Now maybe it is just me over thinking this like I did when I got those flirting vibes, but I feel as if me giving the new girl attention made her jealous or mad at me in some way. Maybe that isnt the case, but I really cannot recall anything that I could have done to make her angry at me. Like its been a few days of work and we havent spoken at all. I came by her desk and asked her about something work related and she just answered the question then brushed me off.

I dont really feel like I should ask her if shes mad at me, because we are pretty much just work friends. but like i said, shes the coolest person i work with. and id like to still be friendly with her. so is it common for a woman to get jealous by simply giving another woman attention? even if shes in a relationship? any advice? thanks :wave:

2. stop trolling

3. ^wtf ha. shes definitely green jello man. i dont know what to say. mention that shes been acting different lately and ask her whats wrong.

4. sick tupac and biggie sig

5. word? I knew something was up. I just find it funny how simply talking to another girl will rile up another girl haha.

6. man....women are complicated.

just ask her what's up, why she has been acting different.

don't expect an honest answer though

7. honestly man i feel like shes just gonna give me one of those "wtf are you talking about?" responses. Like act like she has no clue. If she wants to be all fuckin weird for no reason its not like its any skin off my nuts. im not dating her. its just strange as hell that she would be jealous of me when we arent even together. shes got a goddamn boyfriend.

8. she aint shit

9. yeah if she says wtf nothing is wrong, then something is wrong. thats woman code. youre sure she only ignores you and not the other co workers? pretty weird seeing how shes got a bf and you two are just co workers. eh women...what can ya say

10. haha shes had a conversation with just about everyone except me in the last 3 days. she has not said shit to me. its kinda weird.

and yeah im thinking "how is she acting this way if we are just co workers?" but then again i remember shes a woman.

11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just act unphased. If she's attracted to you or wants to be flirtatious she'll realize she needs to work harder for your attention.

13. Maybe she has something going on outside of work? Probably has nothing to do with you. If she was jealous, she would be plying for more attention from you, not ignoring you.

14. well she talks to everyone else just fine. like she literally went from talking to me everyday to barely saying to words to me. but it is just me. and i have done nothing wrong.

15. Yeah thats usually the case, but he said shes in a serious relationship. My guess is she's probably struggling to control or suppress her jealousy and is taking it out on the OP in the only way she can without saying anything about it, because verbalizing it would be awkward- and bad- for her.

It would look pretty bad on her in front of other co workers if she was trying to ply for attention when shes in a serious relationship. He said he was already getting flirting vibes.

16. been talking with her a little the past few days. now that im giving more attention shes being friendly again and talking to me. we didnt talk for a straight week after that situation occurred. it was the weirdest thing ever.

17. She was playing hard to get

18. Fuck her in your office.

19. Just talk to her, man. Worst case, she continues to give you the cold shoulder. You are probably right when you say she's not likely to give you an honest answer, but it's pretty easy to see through girls' emotionally charged bullshit.

Worst case is that she honestly doesn't realize what you're talking about. But even then, that would mean it was unintentional so she would feel bad.

///M