Friend almost burned house down

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kevinstoned, Feb 5, 2013.

1. #1 kevinstoned, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Ok, here's an epic story too fucked up to be false and need the community's help in deciding what to do. So 2 days ago me and my friend Dan where chillin, gettin high :smoking: and i have a vaporizer. My friend decides to take some 'unmentionables' vape tokes and he was super stoned, im more of a bong toker and hardley use my vaporizer. Anyways we pack up to leave to go to the bar and get a pizza. Little did i know this was gunna be a shitty day. So we go to a bar and my friend orders a beer and some fries and i went to pick up the pizza he ordered, i came back to the bar and asked him ARE YOU SQUARE? he said yes and we walked out the bar and go to a drug mart and the bartender comes running in saying my friend didn't pay his bill. He was all like :confused:............:confused_2:.........:eek: and paid his bill and left me in line, he said he was zoned out cuz a dude was talkin shit. We went home ate, he left almost getting arrested was kinda awkward.. So im sick and 2 days later i look at my clean-ex's and realize my vaporizer was still red hot and had been burnin for a good 2 days straight, electrical hazard :mad:, fire hazard :mad: he coulda killed me my brother my mom dad and my poor little cat:devious:. My friend is a big idiot sometimes, he started heroin and coke at a young age, usually the dumb stuff he does is water under the bridge but endangering my family and myself made me really pissed off. HE FORGOT TO TURN OFF THE SWITCH AND TEMP KNOB!

The question is: Sud i forgive his dumb ass, we are good friends but this takes the cake. Should i forgive this completely oblivious cretinous moronic act?

Edit: i understand some of think i should have turned everything off since i'm living in this house, i shouldn't have to babysit my 20yr old friend like a 10 year old turning off things is basic knowledge.

2. Not like he did it on purpose dude. But still make sure he knows hes a dumbass.

3. You're allowed to call him a dumbass but it was an accident and no harm was done so you should forgive him. Also, considering that it's your house it's your responsibility to make sure things are turned off/unplugged before you leave.

4. This is an odd thing to create an account for so you can make a poll about it. Can you not discern for yourself what is forgivable and what isn't?

5. i understand i shoulda noticed it was on earlier but i was sick and i sudnt have to babysit him to turn off appliances like a 10 year old

6. yeah, in time

tell him he's a fuckin careless dumbass, but you'll let it slide since it was your house

7. i created an account cuz i use this site alot for valuable info, finally decided to post a decent story about stoner times.

8. I understand that people need advice for stuff, but when the answer is so blatantly obvious it makes no sense to make a thread asking what to do. Was it an accident? Yes. Is it the homeowners responsibility to make sure everything is good at the end of the night? Yes.

Verdict: Tell him what happened to make sure it doesn't happen again, be more careful in the future, and keep a friend.

9. Hes all "not my vape not my problem"

10. Lol make sure he smokes you up next time, and remove his vape privledges. Lol i smoked a friend up for his bday and we were smoking in my house... Well moms house... Her one rule was dont burn the hosue down. Which was giving me some bad preminitions. She never really cared or said anything before about us smoking. Then the dumbasses wanna light a candle after were already high as fuck... Felt kinda sketchy xD but alas i still have a house

11. honedst mistake.

12. In your first post, just change the two drugs other than weed to 'unmentionables' if you don't want to get an infraction from the MODs.

Other than that I'd forgive your friend, as the owner of the vape you should have been as aware as him, you're both at fault. He's not used to the device I imagine so he might not have known it needed to be turned off at the end.

13. Well anyone one doing unmentionables isn't exactly someone I'd prefer to hang out with anyway, but I'd forgive him. It was an accident and nothing happened because of it. just tell him to be less of an idiot next time

14. Sooo...you've never accidentally left the vape on? :rolleyes:

15. He left your vape on in your house? His fault yes. Your fault also. Check your shit

16. I think we're missing the big picture, what kind of pizza?

17. Slap him round the head and be done with it, he might be stupid but there's no malicious intent. Also the fact YOU only noticed 2 days later would hold you at fault too imo.

18. honest mistake
    its your vape and your responsibility.

19. Trolololol, OK but seriously, op you are not 18+, and you waltzing around for 2 days without noticing your extremely hot Vape is on is quite silly.

20. Look it comes down to this. You can forgive your friend all you want. but if he not just smoking weed, then some day, your going to have to kick him to the curb. cause he will bring drama, and stress to your house.

Sucks to lose a friend. but If he is going down a dark path you don't want to follow, walk away. It will save you the grief and headache later.