Friend advice

Discussion in 'General' started by PatrickTheToker, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ok so one of my best friends has really been pissing me off lately. When ever he is with one of his other friends(one of his other best friends) he is a complete dick. His whole attitude changes and I don't like it. his other best friend is a shady mother fucker, and brings out the worst in my best friend.

It has gotten to the point where I don't even like hanging out with him when he is there. I have told him this a few times..and things will be good, but then he is right back to being a dick head again.

I don't want to not have him as a friend but I don't really see any other option, as there aren't many times that they aren't hanging out, I also work with both of them.

What should I do? I have tried telling him whats up but it doesn't seem to help anything, I feel like my only option left is to stop hanging out with him all together.

2. how often do you hang out?
    put a bit more interval between hang outs before just getting rid of him altogether.

3. People change and drift apart or closer together as things change.

It's rough to lose a friend, or even to be losing a friend such as you are.

There is no obligation to you to remain friends with this person, especially if you do not like they way that they are and they are disrespectful or becoming someone that we don't like as a person.

Since you've talked to him about his developing attitude before, I would simply tell him that the way he's been acting is making hard to be his friend, and if it continues this way you are considering cutting him out of you life.

Maybe losing your friendship will be enough to make him see how he's acting effects other people, maybe it won't be and he'll go on his merry way. Just because you don't want to be around that kind of thing now doesn't mean that in the future he won't be apologetic and things can resume from there.

I know how much it sucks to lose a friend, but it happens. If there is a way to make it work, I'm sure you will find it, like with any relationship, friendship or romantic, the key to having it be successful is communication, even if that means hearing or saying something that you don't want to.

Look out for you first and don't let anyone else, friend or family tell you otherwise or compromise your happiness.

4. I hang out with him everyday. He called me today to see if I wanted to chill and I told him I didn't feel like doing anything and I was just gonna chill at home.
    ---

I have already told him that he has been really irritating and that I wasn't going to come around anymore if it kept up.

5. I think that you need to tell him specifically that his attitude is putting you off and making it impossible to hang out with him.

It sounds like he does want to be your friend and he probably just doesn't see a problem in the way that he's acting. If he can see the consequences of his actions, maybe he'll be able to take it into consideration when he decides to act a certain way.

As someone you spend time with daily, you should tell him that it's making you not want to chill and you value and cherish his friendship.

6. Yeah you need to tell him exactly what's going on. And be blunt about it to, if your not harsh then your friend will cast the conversation off as not being important and he will not take it to heart.