fridge grow with CFLs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tadtanator, Nov 16, 2011.

1. My first grow fail after i added more lights and burned my babys down i think this has to do with the fact i am growing in a fridge with no intake or exhaust with out a good air flow will my plants be able to live there whole lifes? i grew my last grow for a month inside till flowering where they would not turn over to start flowering i had them under 12-12 for 4 weeks with no sigh of buds or sex.

I have around 120watts in CFLs 2600 and 5000 bout half and half
    I am looking for a few bag seeds planning on growing 2-4 plants and killing the 2 weakest before flowering.

With out putting any holes in the fridge (its not mine) what can i do to help turn this old fridge in to a nice grow box? to get ready for my babys

2. You can't, you will need constant air flow.

3. [quote name='"tadtanator"']My first grow fail after i added more lights and burned my babys down i think this has to do with the fact i am growing in a fridge with no intake or exhaust with out a good air flow will my plants be able to live there whole lifes? i grew my last grow for a month inside till flowering where they would not turn over to start flowering i had them under 12-12 for 4 weeks with no sigh of buds or sex.

I have around 120watts in CFLs 2600 and 5000 bout half and half
    I am looking for a few bag seeds planning on growing 2-4 plants and killing the 2 weakest before flowering.

With out putting any holes in the fridge (its not mine) what can i do to help turn this old fridge in to a nice grow box? to get ready for my babys[/quote]

You HAVE to have an intake and outake if
    Your serious about growing, don't halfass It. If you can't cut holes in the fridge, than don't use the fridge. Also 120w is not enough for 4 plants homie

4. Check out my '3W Grow' thread. Going to try to flower with a maximum of 18 watts to see if it is possible - and I don't mean a tiny, useless bud.

5. [quote name='"Swami"']

Check out my '3W Grow' thread. Going to try to flower with a maximum of 18 watts to see if it is possible - and I don't mean a tiny, useless bud.[/quote]

It's possible if you want loose stringy buds, most people like fat dense colas. That won't happen with 3w. Lol

6. what are somethings people have turned in to grow boxes? i dont got the $$ to buy somthing offline just so house hold things that are not used alot

7. I am sorry if it sounds like i am halfassing it but i am broke and its hard to buy all the things i need for growing. i know i am missing a great amount for growing but with the budget it have nothing else i can do but half ass it if i get a half oz off 2 plants then thats a half oz i never had

8. #8 percul8r615, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    [quote name='"tadtanator"']

I am sorry if it sounds like i am halfassing it but i am broke and its hard to buy all the things i need for growing. i know i am missing a great amount for growing but with the budget it have nothing else i can do but half ass it if i get a half oz off 2 plants then thats a half oz i never had[/quote]

Idk what to tell ya bro, I mean you should only grow if you have the means and are capable of doing so. Ide really like to help you but I can't get your supplies for you I mean your gonna have to spend SOME $

9. ive spent over 60 on my lights and 40 ish on my soil and nurts
    what does someone adveragly spend on a grow for 2-3 plants?

and this confuses me i have people tell me that researching is just over thinking the whole grow and that it is simple and then others tell me i need to buy books and research daily

10. #10 percul8r615, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    [quote name='"tadtanator"']ive spent over 60 on my lights and 40 ish on my soil and nurts
    what does someone adveragly spend on a grow for 2-3 plants?

and this confuses me i have people tell me that researching is just over thinking the whole grow and that it is simple and then others tell me i need to buy books and research daily[/quote]

1)Use the right soil, not mg.
    2) get proper airflow in your grow
    3) use organic nutrients
    4) use the right amount and spectrum of lighting
    5) read Jorge cervantes grow bible

11. just read the stickies buddy you shouldn't have a problem after that

12. You know what is and is not possible? You are currently using things that I had a hand in developing that were once thought impossible.

I fully expect a half ounce + of quality bud on 18 watts.

13. #13 percul8r615, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    [quote name='"Swami"']

You know what is and is not possible? You are currently using things that I had a hand in developing that were once thought impossible.

I fully expect a half ounce + of quality bud on 18 watts.[/quote]

Ha you helped develope what?? You can EXPECT whatever you want man. I'll stick around for your harvest weigh in, should be interesting. That's barely enough to keep a plant alive, let alone produce a decent yield

14. Look up spread spectrum technology invented druing WWII. My engineering team took it to the next level in the late 80s for satellite communications - the basis for cell phone transmissions. I could go on, but...

Barely enough? Is that why my plant looks better than many using 10 to 20 times as much wattage? Did you even check out the photo?

15. [quote name='"Swami"']Look up spread spectrum technology invented druing WWII. My engineering team took it to the next level in the late 80s for satellite communications - the basis for cell phone transmissions. I could go on, but...

Barely enough? Is that why my plant looks better than many using 10 to 20 times as much wattage? Did you even check out the photo?[/quote]

Yea I saw it, it looks nice for a small veging plant. from what I've had the experience of seeing is that
    Led produces decent yield but nothing to write home about( and even then it was professional 400 watt UFO setups) no where NEAR 18w. Do you have any bud shots that this setup produces?

16. #16 Swami, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    I will post more next week when I do an update. Here is the deal, I am a scientist/engineer first and know a great deal about the physics of power conversion. A plant is an energy conversion device and the same rules apply, but we shall see.

If I fail miserably then you are welcome to kick me in the ribs. :D

17. I'll be here for the results