Friday the 13th remake

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Devilsmoke1, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dont care what anybody says this is scary as shit...

[​IMG]

and anybody ever been to halloween horror nights in orlando?

i worked there in 07...and i go every year...its pretty tight .

[​IMG]

2. #22 Foop, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that came out in 2003 was a remake of a 1970's movie which is pretty much the epitome of indy horror... Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is just a shameless prequel based off the remake.

All these prequels and sequels and reboots, can be hard to keep things straight.

True horror seems to be dead these days when you look at the box office draw of all these J-horror remakes and slasher movies.... Whatever happened to kids having good taste in movies? I thought after Scream came out, it made it impossible to ever make a good slasher movie again... and I guess I was right, has anyone actually seen a good slasher movie in the last 15 years?

3. lol yeah i have seen the olddd 1970 one before too . but those old movies are never scary...

im sure in that time period they were...but now they just dont do it for me

like old jason old tcm

and i have seen some old halloweens on amc(sp?) before

like the jade(d?) something...and some other ones .

4. #24 MoonJuice, Feb 14, 2009
    For comparison sake, this was better than the TCM reboot IMO. Primarily because of the enjoyability/fun factor, which considering it was helmed by the same guys who did the TCMR, was astonishingly high. It's basically a best-of compilation of FT13th 1-4 with weed-farming thrown-in(Don't fuck with Jason's green crop). The first 25 minutes or so are positively phenomenal and while it never re-captures that glory, it keeps a pretty even-keeled, fast-paced, blood-drenched level the rest of the way. And if anyone cares this is the best FT13th film aesthetically, the lake is framed in quite the majestic manner and it maintains this sleek veneer without sacrificing the sense of dread/fatalism.

And Jason ran in parts two through four. It was only after being resurrected as "zombie Jason" in part six did he adopt the whole power-walking thing.

Holy shit, The Strangers SUCKED. Talk about leaving with a vacuous feeling in your stomach. The movie was steeped in realism yet it didn't seem to mind that the murders fucking teleported and floated around the house and at no point in the film did it even attempt to wink at the audience or create anything remotely resembling 'fun'. You can tell the director thought he created a fucking masterpiece or something. Literally one of the most unenjoyable experiences I've had watching a film.

Yes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2mvnu74Tfw"]YouTube - All The Boys Love Mandy Lane - UK Trailer[/ame]

5. Silent hill is still one of the best horror movies to come out recently. Nothing beats the classics though.

6. ha glad somebody can relate

most people i know think it was "so scary"

fuck that .

7. Try watching the original, I really liked it but never saw The Strangers.

And I'll have to check out All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

8. #28 MoonJuice, Feb 14, 2009
    As far as I know The Strangers is an 'original' screenplay. That's taking "original" with a grain as it's obnoxiously similar(there are legitimately elements completely lifted from it) to a resoundingly superior french film "Ills"('Them') that was released two years prior.

It was scary for the first 10-15 or so then it become repetitive and monotonous. 10 mins of silence, killer appears, 10 minutes, killer appears, 10 mins, killer appears. Best part of the film: "You're gonna die".

And definitely check out the new FT13th, if you enjoyed the TCM, you'll unquestionably enjoy this. Lots and lots of boobage going on.

9. Oh great, another slasher remake.

Did we run out of movie ideas??

10. smokingurl i agree with you. part of the movie sucked for me. i was right in front, like 4 rows backs from the screen cause the movie was so packed. and this couple sat in front of me and the seats leaned like way far back. so i had to move so my legs wouldnt get crushed. and during the wee dparts the whole audience made noise.

11. You want true horror, turn on the news and watch the economy go down the drain.

12. very very true.:(

13. :laughing:

[​IMG]

14. There's no skirting around it, The Strangers IS a remake of Ils no matter what the screenwriter says to himself. But I forget, you're a Tarantino fan so it probably takes a good long bit before you call a piece of work a rip off.

15. #35 MoonJuice, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    Is this addressed to me? Because I was essentially agreeing with you in my post. And I don't believe I've ever stated any admiration for QT on here.

16. uh.... I thought the end was badass, but generally it was more funny than scary

17. he ran in the first few movies. just clearing that up.

18. All I can say is that it wasn't lacking for our little buddy down there if the guys know what I mean ;)

19. My god, that movie blew...Rob did a horrible job.

20. A movie hasn't scared me since I saw the original Wicker Man a couple years ago. I don't see horror movies anymore unless it's with a girl or someone pays for my ticket or something, they just disappoint. Although I did enjoy the Hills Have Eyes remake, just for being so damn twisted.