Fresh start

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stolenbike, Oct 11, 2011.

1. #1 stolenbike, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    Shits been really rough where I am lately with my parents splitting up, so I decided to move out.
    im moving from a small town called Englehart in northern ontario to Grande prairie out west in the province of Alberta where 2 of my friends from a small town 15km away called charlton moved to.
    on the 26th i begin the 2 day bus ride (with many smoke stops :smoke:) with my friend's girlfriend and im gonna be looking for a job asap.
    My dad said he would help me get started by giving me a bit of money till i get a job since i dont have any money right now.
    I will be updating this thread once i get out there. Me and my buddy have been looking at apartments near the downtown area in Grande Prairie and ive been looking at jobs near where we are gonna live.
    My mom is also gonna be moving to Alberta but shes gonna be in Fort McMurray which will be cool. and from Grande Prairie i might be able to visit my brother who lives in Vancouver

2. Nice to see another Albertan here. If you need a job, they are always hiring in the oilfield. It's hard work, but you get paid a ton. Good luck, hope it all works out well for you.

3. Soon to be Albertan hahaha, but both my friends who moved out to Grande Prairie said it was totally worth it. And with how it is in Englehart right now i don't see a point staying in Ontario