Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fresh, juiced cannabis for healing

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gangeefried718, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I want to share a video that many people need to watch.

Its about using cannabis in its natural, un-aged form to heal.

Many people are using aged psychoactive cannabis for healing.
    Cannabis in its natural form has more healing properties than the aged version does.

watch.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0nLdVJiIg&feature=player_embedded"]Leaf - YouTube[/ame]

2. TLDW, but I will tomorrow.

3. Please share this on your facebook page
    let friends watch it when they come to visit

the more people that see this
    the quicker laws will get changed

4. yes! and its not psychoactive!

5. I shared the first link to my facebook page
    since the second was just a repeat of the first :p

6. #8 mdryan80, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    This is wonderful. Cannabis really is a plant of many uses. The end was great too. An acre of cannabis removes more CO2 than an acre of trees? That's awesome. Very informative. Now we just need to get some officials in the U.S. government to view this.

7. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']More....

Form of medical marijuana won't get you high, but it's creating a buzz (news - 2010)
    Form of medical marijuana won't get you high, but it's creating a buzz
    [/quote]
    Got a little confused. Are they juicing unflowered cannabis to drink? Not getting high, but have the benefits of CBD and such?
    According to project CBD website they said a vegged harlequin had it's leafs tested and had no thc (still in veg) but had CBD (I think 4%).

So if you juiced vegged harlequin, would you get the CBD or did I just totally understand that all wrong?

8. The only thing that I saw about different strains in the article was
    that most strains today, were heavy with THC rather than CBD

I'm positive that they are allowing the plant to flower before juicing ;)

9. I've actually done some juicing and I have to say that it tastes really fantastic depending on the strain you use. It's like when you First start vaporizing a bowl but more concentrated of a flavor

10. Have you written a "How To" somewhere? I'm trying to figure out juicer brands and recommended dosage... Logistical details.

11. This is very expensive (like $300 for a 1 oz shot!), and IMHO, probably wasteful. You're not likely going to get all the fat soluble compounds if you put it through a typical juicer. A blender might do you well, just be sure to get ever last drop. If you really believe in its health qualities and feel strongly that the buzz is harmful, I recommend grinding it up, and capping it in gelatin capsules. Either that or eat the pulp & lick the juicer clean...but that just seems like a waste of time.

12. I get my medicine free, am on my 3rd shot of juice right now & the first 2 shots made me feel enough better that I got a Wheatgrass type juicer after the 2nd shot. There is nothing wrong with a buzz if that is what your after more power to you but I'm not here for that. It is a side effect to me that I will avoid if I can. Right now I'm using the water leaves people wont even waste time making shake from.

13. Still, the pulp is a waste, and so is whatever gets caught in the juicer. Why not just throw the cannabis leaves on a salad or something? Juicing is cool, but imho, I think our teeth can juice plant material well-enough. If I hear you correctly, you are not juicing the bud, but rather the leaves. That would be more economical.

14. #16 Asthmatic, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    eating MJ gives me diarrhea something about non oil producing trichlomes. Don't remember where on the board I read the explanation of why it does it to me, just know it does & has since 1973. Buds leaves all the same to me, free is free, no cash value but yes just water leaves I'm after CBD not THC. Must be raw, uncooked & fresh to be medicine. My teeth are old and worn out like the rest of my body. The CBD makes my body as happy as the THC makes some peoples brain's.

15. What strain are you using?

I've read about this, watched the video, etc. I'm not seeing much data about what is exactly in the juice. I'd really like to see some GC/MS data on what is in the juice and in what amounts.

16. #18 Asthmatic, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Don't know I'm not the grower. Seems to be helping Asthma and Pain. Still using topicla ointment for Arthritis but it is supposed to take 3 days to a month to get full benefit Today will be day 3. I just know it makes my body feel good when I drink it. Just made another shot while tapping this out getting ready for work.

17. and free buds...that's a good deal. I did research and before you heat them to decarboxylate them, THC and CBD are in the form of THCA and CBDA. Both are water soluble, so you get much of them through a juicer. If your teeth are worn out, do you have bruxism? I know 60 year olds with sharp teeth still. (Not insulting you). Maybe you want to juice more than just cannabis if you can't chew well. Buying a mouthguard will prevent further damage. Crowns will repair the damage, but they're expensive as hell and they break down after a few decades. Still, I'd recommend a blender, since there's less waste and fiber usually doesn't hurt.

THCA was superior to THC in anti-inflammatory properties on the body, but THC was superior in neuroprotection. The same was true for CBDA, which was a more potent COX-2 inhibitor than CBD. But it seemed to lack some of the beneficial neurological effects that CBD possessed. Seems like they each have their benefits...but one thing I heard was juicing cannabis allows you to use literally 10-100x more than you normally would (seriously, who can vape 100 grams in a day? ok...don't try).

18. Yes I do good catch. Bruxism is a parasomnia, in my life related to Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I've tried Night guards the make the parasomnia worse. I get my best results from treating the root problem, the sleep disorder. In the last year or so I've lost 120 +/- Lbs. with +/- 30 left to go. You can have my Auto-PAP back when I'm dead and one of the few pharmaceuticals I still take is about 1 mg Clonazepam to keep me from doing things in my sleep. Other co-morbid conditions I'm treating that link back to the are obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes & GERD. My dentist is changing my bridges & caps to zirconium as they ware out. Fake Diamonds.

It is still unclear but I do use a blender when I want fast and easy. The juicer we bought is a vertical screw type plant crusher near the high end, capable of doing leaves Wheatgrass, Spinich etc... well. The output from the juicer is better than I can do with a blender so far, the pulp is almost dry but the cleanup is not fast or easy. Will probably do both based on a bunch of variables Incl. what other fruits berries or vegetables I want to throw into my medicinal juice to improve taste & stuff.

I OD at around 10 mg THC/day +/- constant dosing.

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-usage-applications/1078034-mmj-o-d.html

I'm also treating autoimmune disease Asthma & Osteoarthritis. I just can not describe how good the juice makes my body feel, I don't have the words for it. The closest I can come is that it feels like my body is stoned instead of my brain. Last shot was at 05:30 and I was ready for another around 14:00. When I'm done writing this I'll go get it. Have not used my regular Asthma medicine since yesterday morning.

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/asthmatic/31971-r-x-%96-asthma-cough-medicine.html